Trailerable boat covers

I want a good waterproof, trailerable boat cover for my Triton 18Trx. Any suggestions on a good one?

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Aurora or Dean's. Both BBC sponsors and both make EXCELLENT covers!

Best luck I have had with 'trailerable" tarps have been from custom shops that make the tarp to fit each boat with everything in place as you will be towing it....
    Hit or miss with generic "fit all" tarps made to order..

4. Member
    Aurora makes great covers. I was not sure it was going to be worth the money when I first got mine, having been used to the cheaper ones over the years. But it's stood the test of time (7 years now) and has not given me any issues. Just towed the boat home from a summer of fishing in Northern Wisc with it, and I used it everyday on the lift up there. I got rained on for about 6-7 hours of the trip and everything inside the boat was dry when I got home.
    John

5. Member
    I don't know anything about Deans but I can assure you that Aroura makes about the best you are going to get, I can tell you that you will not regret buying one.

6. Member
    Aroura's are probably the best, but I've been happy with my Atwood from Triton this go round.

7. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Aurora or Deans are great covers, I had a Dean's on my Champion since new in 1996 great cover so I went with a Dean's again on my Stroker. And like Lea stated both are BBC sponsors.
    LeaLea

8. Member
    Check out Empire covers. I just bought one and it fits perfect on my TR-186. 100% waterproof and trailerable

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Best luck I have had with 'trailerable" tarps have been from custom shops that make the tarp to fit each boat with everything in place as you will be towing it....
    Yes a good custom shop can't be beat there is a local man hear that makes a cover you wouldn't believe every event I go too fisherman are checking it out in awe.

10. Member
    I'm really happy with Atwood cover on my Triton SE19

Have 2 Dean's covers for my boats and they fit and tow well. I had them build me one for my 190SCR to use without the pedestal seats installed and it really looks good.
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Who are the custom shops that make them? And how much do they normally cost?

I have had good luck with my Attwood Triton Cover. I put it to the test last weekend. My boat was parked on the trailer in an absolute down pour. The only water that got in the boat was from the vent hole at the top of the cover. The gunnels were even dry.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blount8 View Post
    Who are the custom shops that make them? And how much do they normally cost?
    Aurora is one of them. They don't need your boat there, you just tell them what boat you have and what equipment it has, and they make the cover to match.
    John

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Aurora or Dean's. Both BBC sponsors and both make EXCELLENT covers!

Yep!

16. Member
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the help!