Thread: Old Hickory

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    wow did not realize that. Caught em all on a whopper plopper 90. Had several shorts too.
    Yea, you had a good day for Old Hickory. It's been real tough
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    I fished Sunday till 11AM. Had 2 around 2-1/2 pounds and another close to 4. Its fishing tough. Talked with Flipper and he said it's insanely tough right now. I fished about 13 miles up from Flippers.

You mean upstream towards Cordell ?
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    You mean upstream towards Cordell ?
    13 miles from Flippers is a loooong ways from Cordell Hull, but yes he means up river
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

4. Member
    Yes, I was up around Bartons, Spring and Bledsoe fishing creek's.
    Basscat!

5. Member
    OK. I fish Bartons some and Bledsoe. I guess I didn't realize they were approximately 13 miles from Flippers. Makes sense though, I can run up to that area from Flippers in 10 or 15 minutes. My brain is testing me at every turn here lately. Hell getting old. LOL
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    OK. I fish Bartons some and Bledsoe. I guess I didn't realize they were approximately 13 miles from Flippers. Makes sense though, I can run up to that area from Flippers in 10 or 15 minutes. My brain is testing me at every turn here lately. Hell getting old. LOL
    I know how that can be! Lol
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

7. Member
    Is the pattern pretty much a bank deal right now, or is there anything to be had offshore? Going to be down later this week for practice and I'm just trying to eliminate water since I've never been to the lake before.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
    Is the pattern pretty much a bank deal right now, or is there anything to be had offshore? Going to be down later this week for practice and I'm just trying to eliminate water since I've never been to the lake before.
    Sorry to say I can't help much, it's as tough right now as I've seen it in a long long time. Of course like anywhere else you should be able to catch some bank bass, but the chances of picking up something other than dinks is gonna be slim
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shane23ss View Post
    Sorry to say I can't help much, it's as tough right now as I've seen it in a long long time. Of course like anywhere else you should be able to catch some bank bass, but the chances of picking up something other than dinks is gonna be slim
    Thanks... Fishing for any last minute advice before heading out at 3 AM. Anyone been out lately?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
    Thanks... Fishing for any last minute advice before heading out at 3 AM. Anyone been out lately?
    I'd try the top water bite early, and up river, but I wouldn't keep on if it wasn't producing. Other than that ive been able to pick some up flipping docks and the edge of grass with a wacky rigged senko, or on a shaky head
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

11. Member
    I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow, anybody been doing anything out there?
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

12. Member
    116 boat tourney today at Flippers. 12 and change took first if that tells ya anything..
    GETFISHED !!!

13. Member
    116 boat tourney today at Flippers. 12 and change took first if that tells ya anything..
    Man, sounds like nothing's changed
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

14. Banned
    Bubba and Bo got the win !

15. Member
    Don't know where or how they fished but I might be inclined to think the better fish are still deep. Just basing that on my assumption that the majority of those 116 boats spent the majority of their time shallow which resulted in a lackluster showing. But what do I know ? LOL
    GETFISHED !!!

16. Banned
    Don't know where or how they fished but I might be inclined to think the better fish are still deep. Just basing that on my assumption that the majority of those 116 boats spent the majority of their time shallow which resulted in a lackluster showing. But what do I know ? LOL
    They are old school shallow water river fisherman back when Flipper used to have his tournaments .....they actually won one of his 2 day fish-offs many years ago . They probably saw Cedar Creek and Misty Cove all in one day and probably past that as well . I just wander if Bubba still has his Bumble Bee .....lol

17. Member
    We spent our entire tournament shallow, both on the main lake and creeks. Caught probably 20 fish, but only 1 was a keeper. I did lose about a 3.5 lber right at the boat that was a real kick in the gut, but I couldn't believe we could catch that many without lucking into a few over 14 inches. Contemplated changing our pattern, but we hadn't found any other pattern that worked. Just stuck with what was working and hoped for a couple decent ones that never came. All of them were 13 inches.

47 boats didn't weigh a single fish, so that tells you how tough it was.

18. Member
    Anyone been out on Old Hickory lately?
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    They are old school shallow water river fisherman back when Flipper used to have his tournaments .....they actually won one of his 2 day fish-offs many years ago . They probably saw Cedar Creek and Misty Cove all in one day and probably past that as well . I just wander if Bubba still has his Bumble Bee .....lol
    My old tournament partner won the big show up there one year, Stratos 201. That was the year I won C&O's fish off. We fished those two trails seperate and everything else we fished together for about 15 years. I know he and I both are shallow water anglers. Old Stickory was a grassy lake back then. D & J were always tough as nails. I think we saw them on Friday night and every Tu or Wed night as well. Flip used to have at least decent tournaments a week and there was another out of Shutes. I didn't meander over on the Old Hickory side much but there were just as many over there every week near the lower end.

Based on my trips there this year I'm with the guys that think the lake fishes different than it did years ago. The flood and pressure seemed to change things.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shane23ss View Post
    Anyone been out on Old Hickory lately?
    yup, been all over Spencer Creek and Station Camp. Real tough. Got a few on jerkbaits near laydowns, nothing off shore on humps.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast