Thread: Old Hickory

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Went Saturday, daylight till noon. Caught several flipping the cane grass in 2'-3' depth. Plenty of bait but all subsurface in huge schools. Nothing happening on topwater surprisingly. Water temp 79 and level down about a foot.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Went Saturday, daylight till noon. Caught several flipping the cane grass in 2'-3' depth. Plenty of bait but all subsurface in huge schools. Nothing happening on topwater surprisingly. Water temp 79 and level down about a foot.
    How far down were you? I went yesterday, and up around Station Camp Creek the water temp is low 70's. I caught several up shallow also, but all dinks
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

3. Member
    Cedar Creek to Bluegrass. Cages Bend area mostly.

4. Member
    Wish I could help. Been several times in last week. One good day on buzz and spinner baits on 17th and down hill from there. Fish one tournment of year on 24th and zeroed. Not going back for a while. Stayed up lake whole time. Some feeding on shad in shallows but won't bite anything I own.

5. Member
    I am heading to old hickory in November, do they draw lake down for winter,thanks in advance

6. Member
    They occasionally pull it down for dock owner repair late fall. Have not heard of anything for this year.

Fished the last couple days and the bass fishing was terrible for me. Nothing like seeing 3 pounders chasing bait all around the boat and can't catch em. The white bass and stripers are running and will hit anything you put near them if you need to feel a tug on the line.

Ray
    (2005 Stratos 201/250 Yamaha HPDI)

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pantherdad View Post
    They occasionally pull it down for dock owner repair late fall. Have not heard of anything for this year.
    I've seen it where you can see more than half the stumps on the flat across from Avondale and the stumps on the left after the bend out in front of Ceder Creek .......... Probably since Chad Brauer won the BASS event there in Ceder Creek on the boat docks starting on the left shoot working his way out on those deeper docks this has happened . But I might be wrong and have missed a few years .

9. Member
    I fish on that lake year round, its RARE if it drops more than about 2 feet at most
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

10. Member
    Spoke to flipper today at bait shop. He said been 10-15 yrs since draw down. Use to draw down for dock repair and such in November but no one has said anything about it in years.

11. Member
    This info is very helpfull,I didn't pick dates to head down yet, but make plans soon,hope to catch a few.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    I've seen it where you can see more than half the stumps on the flat across from Avondale and the stumps on the left after the bend out in front of Ceder Creek .......... Probably since Chad Brauer won the BASS event there in Ceder Creek on the boat docks starting on the left shoot working his way out on those deeper docks this has happened . But I might be wrong and have missed a few years .

96' TOP 100 .............I had to look it up what year he won at Old Hickory gettn old and cant remember

13. Member
    I was out there today, from Avondale down to the dam. Water temp was 68-72 degrees. Caught 6 dinks. Several boats were out there trying it, everyone I talked to did the same or worse than me
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

14. Member
    Very Very stingy right now.
    We had our fishoff this past weekend and it took 15lbs for TWO days! 2.5lb was second day lunker. Out of 25 boats or so.
    I'll pass on Old Hick for a bit.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMFisherman View Post
    Very Very stingy right now.
    We had our fishoff this past weekend and it took 15lbs for TWO days! 2.5lb was second day lunker. Out of 25 boats or so.
    I'll pass on Old Hick for a bit.
    I agree!
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

16. Member
    USA Bassin had a divisional there Sat. 17 boats. 7 didn't weigh in anything . I was one of them. Really a tough day for me. 12 & change won it.
    GETFISHED !!!

17. Member
    Heading there October 14th and 15th to fish a USA Bassin Regional. I've never been to the lake before, but I have to say that reading this doesn't give me a ton of optimism.

18. Member
    I fished Sunday till 11AM. Had 2 around 2-1/2 pounds and another close to 4. Its fishing tough. Talked with Flipper and he said it's insanely tough right now. I fished about 13 miles up from Flippers.
    Basscat!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    I fished Sunday till 11AM. Had 2 around 2-1/2 pounds and another close to 4. Its fishing tough. Talked with Flipper and he said it's insanely tough right now. I fished about 13 miles up from Flippers.
    Then you had winning weight for about any tournament in the past 2 or 3 weeks
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shane23ss View Post
    Then you had winning weight for about any tournament in the past 2 or 3 weeks
    wow did not realize that. Caught em all on a whopper plopper 90. Had several shorts too.
    Basscat!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast