Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xtreme coat liner

I like the Xtreme Coat Liner that is standard on the X19, but after seeing it close up and personal it seems to me that fishing reals bouncing on it would show more wear than a carpeted boat. I need some real world experience ... anybody have some

Thanks in advance
    Mike

Simple fix if you really want the Xtreme Coat Liner. Just add a piece of rubber, carpet, etc. about 6-8 inches behind the rod strap for the reels to sit on.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

I have a no carpet model. I've had a few other boats with no carpet and sprayed in liner. I've had better luck with other brands as far as comfort. This boat gets HOT HOT HOT. I'm a barefoot fisherman, so I am not too pleased. My next boat will have seadeck. It's expensive, but it is cool, soft, and comfortable. If I had to do it all over again, I would've ordered my boat with nothing and installed either seadeck or hydro-turf, or just got carpet. As far as your reels, they do get scuffed. It is not as "rubbery" as other sprayed liners.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

4. Member
    yeah I thought about that but I think I'm going to go with carpet, a little heavier, but it will be cooler and quieter. Plus it's what I'm used to. I have normally at least 6 rods on the front deck at most times and I think the carpet will be easier on them probably look better to.
    Thanks
    Mike

Yes sir, the carpet looks a lot better in my opinion. It hides things that will leave you scratching your head if left visible and sprayed over. The only trade off I guess is that once you start slinging a lot of fish in the boat, clean up is very simple and dries very quickly with the sprayed in liner. Went to the camp and I had this big fella flopping around in my boat this past weekend..... Only took about 3 minutes of spraying a water hose on a few drops of soap and all slime was gone. The sun dried the floor in a matter of 10 minutes tops... But then it got HOT.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member

I added the hydroturf....easier on the back and the reels
    • File Type: jpg y.JPG (60.4 KB, 421 views)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    I have a no carpet model. I've had a few other boats with no carpet and sprayed in liner. I've had better luck with other brands as far as comfort. This boat gets HOT HOT HOT. I'm a barefoot fisherman, so I am not too pleased. My next boat will have seadeck. It's expensive, but it is cool, soft, and comfortable. If I had to do it all over again, I would've ordered my boat with nothing and installed either seadeck or hydro-turf, or just got carpet. As far as your reels, they do get scuffed. It is not as "rubbery" as other sprayed liners.

Can you order a Xpress with no flooring?? I would rather have hydro-turf in mine
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO

8. Member
    I looked at the catalogue and they advertise that they do have a Sea deck option, I bet it's not cheap may have to check on it though for fishing I think it would be the best of both worlds.

9. Member
    I was quoted $1600 for the sea deck option on a new X19. I know I could install hydro-turf quite a bit cheaper.
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO

10. Member
    I have a Xpress with camo spray liner from factory. I want to lighten it with a gray or tan. Does anybody know what will stick to existing liner?

11. Member
    The sea deck is not as easy to clean as you would think .When you shut a lid it is ten times louder than carpet.I put some bubble seal around my that helps but they are still loud .If I bought another new boat it would have carpet

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    The sea deck is not as easy to clean as you would think .When you shut a lid it is ten times louder than carpet.I put some bubble seal around my that helps but they are still loud .If I bought another new boat it would have carpet
    Youre right about the cleanliness. I have to really scrub mine with soap to get it clean. As far as the lids I had them put hydraulic arms on mine because of that very problem

13. Member
    Love the Xpress coat in my new X19. Not sure why H22's gets so hot, but several people have commented on how cool mine stays in the bright, hot NC sun. It's not left a single mark on any of my reels yet. I added pistons and trim to all my deck lids making it a lot more quiet. I'll never have carpet again.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Come down and get you some of this south Louisiana heat! lol Even carpet gets hot here

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    Love the Xpress coat in my new X19. Not sure why H22's gets so hot, but several people have commented on how cool mine stays in the bright, hot NC sun. It's not left a single mark on any of my reels yet. I added pistons and trim to all my deck lids making it a lot more quiet. I'll never have carpet again.

15. Member
    Not like I'm in the northeast... :)

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

16. Member
    Guys ....... old thread again! Below is the 'new question'. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by La-Tex View Post
    I have a Xpress with camo spray liner from factory. I want to lighten it with a gray or tan. Does anybody know what will stick to existing liner?
    I have used Weldwood Rubber Contact Cement (WalMart, etc) before with good results on factory spray-liner boats and great results on factory painted aluminum (non-liner boats). The biggest challenge (especially the older the boat/ 'more used') is to get the spray-liner clean as it likes to hold grit/grim over the years. You really have to get a good bond for it to stick like most would expect. That's also why I chase the edge of the HydroTurf with a marine silicone the day after it's all dried, that way it helps prevent stuff (water, dirt, blood, etc) from working under the edge and causing it to lift.

Another idea is to take the spray-liner out and just glue your HydroTurf/SeaDeck straight to the aluminum and not have a 'layer' sandwiched between. I'm sure there are better petroleum products out there at removing the liner ..... but I can tell you that gasoline will eat it alive if allowed to soak in (don't ask me how I know, still pi$$ed about that one). Again, prep work to make sure all petroleum is removed before glueing is a must for any kind of lasting bond.

Hope it helps ....... and Good Luck!
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

17. Member
    Steve,

What color is your deck, is it silver or gray? I'm looking at getting Gray but have been told Silver is cooler. It just seems like silver would be blinding but I have not seen the colors in person so I might be thinking of what they call silver wrong.

Thanks,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post

18. Member
    I live in the Florida Panhandle. I have the gray liner. It literally gets
    so hot I can even feel it through my crocs. I bought some auto floor
    mats to stand on. But u can't even touch it with your hand it
    gets so hot. Anything not tied down slides all over the place. This
    winter I am adding carpet. The liner was and is the worst
    mistake I made when I made my purchase

Either me and you have heaters under our boat, or everyone else isn't fishing when its blazing sun hot or flat out lying when they say theirs doesn't get hot. This time of year, from 10am until about 5pm, you will not fish barefoot in my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by bama jim View Post
    I live in the Florida Panhandle. I have the gray liner. It literally gets
    so hot I can even feel it through my crocs. I bought some auto floor
    mats to stand on. But u can't even touch it with your hand it
    gets so hot. Anything not tied down slides all over the place. This
    winter I am adding carpet. The liner was and is the worst
    mistake I made when I made my purchase

20. Member
    You are 100 percent correct, even down to the time of day. If I brought
    a pot I could cook a gumbo on my front deck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast