Thread: New irons

New irons

Just got fitted for some new mizuno mp-25's. Should get them early next week. Can't wait to play them. Anyone play them or something similar?
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

2. Member
    They look awesome. But, I can't let go of my MP59's! Once you get the shape you like, it's hard to be happy with something else. But, those 25's look mighty nice!

I read about the 59's. They seemed like a club id like also. I went with the 25's because I could hit them and they felt awesome. They recommended kbs c taper xstiff soft stepped. Can't wait to hit them.
    Jason

Im playing a similar iron in the Adams CMB's. Absolutely love them. I like the smaller shape and profile of player irons over cavity backed irons and the softness of a carbon forged club.
    When you strike it pure the feeling is awesome.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

5. Member
    Mizuno's and Bridgestone J-40's are the softest buttery feeling irons I have ever hit!! You will love them!!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

I hope so. I've been playing eye2's for 16 years. It was time for a change.
    Jason

7. Member
    Where you play at? I lived in Louisville for 9 years.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

Everywhere. I play Iroquois once a week as its two mins from work. Try to play somewhere a little more challenging every other week or so. Last week played quail chase and tanglewood.
    Jason

9. T Dub
    I play a set of very old Mizuno MP-14 irons. I bought them to learn from the feedback and become a better ball striker, but after 10 years the dream is over. I need a new set badly. Well-struck shots do feel amazing though! I've had my eye on the JPX 850 forged. The MP-25 might be a tad beyond my game, but I'll probably hit a few shots with them anyway. Let us know how they work out for you. I'll likely hit a few different brands when I finally buy a new set, but Mizuno is at the top of my list.

I sure will. I hit a 7i jpx 850 in the sim while fitting me for my clubs. It had the thing that measured club head speed and transition times and such. It felt great also. You can't wrong with them from what I felt and saw.
    Jason

Seems I need a new putter instead of irons. Shot an 85 yesterday and 3 putted 7 greens. Anyone want to buy a putter that can't make any putts? I know its not me. Has to be the putter.
    Jason

12. Member
    IKR!!! Story of my life/game. I just bought a Bettinardi signature series putter and it is awesome!!! Just need a different grip and I'll be good to go. That being said, pretty excited about the new JPX900 irons! Gonna take a hard look. Also, saw you are getting c taper's in your new irons. I originally ordered mine with Project X 6.5's. But replaced with the c-tapers after a year. They feel amazing! You'll be a little confused because they look and feel like graphite, but perform like steel. Great choice on clubs and shafts! Good luck!

I've been looking at some bettis and scottys. Ill have me one sometime. Any issue with the coating on the shafts nicking? Should be picking them up today as long as they come in.
    Jason

Picked up the clubs today and they are friggin beautiful. I see about the shafts now. They are different but I like them. Shot a 78 and bladed two 4i's. Need to work on the 3i,4i, and 5i. Hitting them thin since they took off a 1/2". I can tell they are going to stay in the bag.
    Jason

15. Member
    Yeah, that finish isn't the most durable. It'll show scratches a little more. Also, if you play in the rain you'll need to lay them out to dry really good. They will show rust spots much worse on that finish. Wipe them down really well and put under a fan over night and you'll be fine. Stick with them and you'll like them more each time you use them.

I play Mizuno's with KBS shafts and they are hard to beat. Hope you like them as much as I do.
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R