Factory remanufactured Mercury outboards

Hey guys I found a descent price on what I thought was a leftover 2014 model year optimax at least that's what the ad suggested. When I called about it I found out its a factory remanufactured engine. It comes with a 1 year warranty from Mercury and from what I understand you can purchase an extended warranty through Mercury that is good at any authorized dealer. The price is decent and I'm not sure how much the extra warranty is yet. Anyone have and experience with these engines and bought the extended warranty. Just wondering if it's still a good deal after you add in the cost of the warranty vs buying a brand new model.

2. Member
    factory engine should be fine wouldn't think merc would sell a junker ask about platinum ext warrn
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

If mercury offers a real mercury warranty thatll be ok. Dont let em buy you an aftermarket warranty

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    If mercury offers a real mercury warranty thatll be ok. Dont let em buy you an aftermarket warranty
    Supposedly you can get an extended Mercury warranty of two levels for up to an additional two years plus the one year warranty that comes with it.

5. Member
    If the warranty is the same as for new motors the Platinum is the way to go. It covers all the electronics as well as mechanical issues.