RV Water heater issues.

Currently own a 2012 forest river surveyor and i am having some issues with the surburban water heater, its not heating the water. Changed the heating element last week and it still didnt heat the water. Was going to change the thermostat this weekend when we go up but i have a quick question. When i changed the heating element out it was a 1440w element and i put in a 1500w heating element from lowes, is this ok to do or should i change it back to the 1440w element instead of the 1500w?

The 1500 watt element should be ok. What size heater? My 12 gal. has a switch at the heater as well as inside the camper. Have you checked the breakers? Are the bypass valves in the bypass position? Will it work on gas?

Have ss screen over intake & exhaust? still can have spider webs inside tubes, they need cleaned yearly, prevents the gas from doing right. I have the gas/electic combo. makes the unit keep water hotter longer/quicker recovery time. still cant take a long shower tho. like the shower head with the on/off switch and massager. cheaper wear & tear to replace shower wand, than the tub knobs.