Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Do You Have a Favorite Fishing Show Host?

That's a tough one for me. I don't know if it's true, but I read that Roland Martin once turned down a request to fish with a boy who had terminal cancer because his schedule was too busy. Jimmy Houston needs to get rid of that bowl haircut, Bill Dance needs to be taught how to hold a bass without breaking its jaw, Al Lindner needs to be a little more humble and a little less preachy, and Doug Stange needs to quit talking about SWIMBAITS!!! Now, maybe I have offended somebody because one of those I mentioned may be their favorite, and that's OK. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree. Do you have a favorite fishing show host?

2. Member
    My mother is from Roland's stomping grounds and that story is true. It was on all the local news channels back when it happened. He said he was too busy and did not have time. My family hates that man because of that.

Personally i like Hank Parker. I like watching Al Linder and his family too but they are usually chasing fish that I know nothing about.

3. Banned
    I'm the odd man out, I like Scott Martin and I like Shaw Grigsby.

Edit: I also enjoy Timmy Horton; but it's not on my network very regularly.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 07-24-2016 at 10:13 PM.

4. Banned
    I like watching Timmy Horton's show with him because he seems to be a bit more informative. Use to watch Hank Parker for years every time I could but not any more.

Al and the rest of the guys are still my favorite. And Bill Dance as well.

6. Member
    Hank

If I would pick just one, it would be Al Lindner. He's the only one that shows the details of the pattern he's fishing and explains why the fish are located where they are. Timmy does this to some extent, but not int he detail that Al does.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    If I would pick just one, it would be Al Lindner. He's the only one that shows the details of the pattern he's fishing and explains why the fish are located where they are. Timmy does this to some extent, but not int he detail that Al does.
    I do have to give credit where credit is due. In-Fisherman and Angling Edge are the most informative shows.

Tim Horton

Someone on BBC turned me on to Honey Hole Outdoors. It's kind of like the "old" Hank Parker show. The host Bill is a laid back guy and he fishes some cool lakes in Texas. Aside from Bassmasters and MLF, it's the only other fishing show I watch anymore.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

11. Banned
    Zona

12. Member
    Who remembers Virgil Ward.....plain and simple guy...I was just a kid but really liked the no nonsense way of expressing fishing.....

13. Member
    Mariko Izumi.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kensafishin View Post
    Who remembers Virgil Ward.....plain and simple guy...I was just a kid but really liked the no nonsense way of expressing fishing.....

15. Banned
    He doesn't have his own show, but I like listening to Greg Hackney. He just always seems to tell it like is on techniques and baits. Plus he seems like good, humble, people.

16. Member
    My all time favorite was The Fishin Hole with Jerry McKinnis and also the old shows with Bill and Bobby Murray. I got to meet all of them once at at Bass University fishing school. That was fun. My favorite shows today would have to be Zona, Dave Mercer, Timmy Horton and MLF.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    I like watching Timmy Horton's show with him because he seems to be a bit more informative. Use to watch Hank Parker for years every time I could but not any more.

AMEN
    I think there's a Squatch in these woods !
    "I rough talked em"

18. Member
    Joe Thomas.

19. Member
    Chad LaChance, aka the Fishful Thinker. I could be biased since he's a regional guy, but he's fun to watch. He's from Florida, but fishes for everything that swims in Colorado, not just bass.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstCastRush View Post
    That's a tough one for me. I don't know if it's true, but I read that Roland Martin once turned down a request to fish with a boy who had terminal cancer because his schedule was too busy. Jimmy Houston needs to get rid of that bowl haircut, Bill Dance needs to be taught how to hold a bass without breaking its jaw, Al Lindner needs to be a little more humble and a little less preachy, and Doug Stange needs to quit talking about SWIMBAITS!!! Now, maybe I have offended somebody because one of those I mentioned may be their favorite, and that's OK. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree. Do you have a favorite fishing show host?
    After that long winded lead-in, you didn't reveal you personal choice ! How can we accurately offend you without that revelation ?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast