Tale of 2 rounds...

Played the other morning, shot 4under. Surprisingly I only hit 2 really good shots but putted great, 12 putts and made all the ones I should have. Left the course feeling pretty good.

Later that afternoon I go back out, same course, same tees, same pins, same conditions...from tee to green one of the best rounds I've had a long time. Bombed every drive right down the middle, wedges were all within 10 feet, just a great ball striking round. Shot 7 over. 23 putts. Longest made putt was 2'. It was like I never putted before. What a switch from a few hours earlier.

I finished and headed straight to the clubhouse for a beer to laugh it off. Stupid game.

Yes very stupid game. Good job on the first round!
    My putting has been killing me this year. My year has been like your second round. I get to the green smiling, leave it frowning.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

3. Member
    This sounds just like this years fishing...

4. Member
    Been there done that

5. Member
    Great first round.

6. Member
    4 under , I might never play again if I shot that. What is your handicap, are you a plus ?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pureoil313 View Post
    4 under , I might never play again if I shot that. What is your handicap, are you a plus ?
    right now it is a 1. Depending on the day, it should be either a plus 4 or a 12. I am stuck in a rut where I can literally go make 4-5 birdies a side within breaking a sweat or I can make 4-5 bogies or higher just as easy.

the biggest battle right now is my everything inside 75 yards. i think I need a new lob wedge. I know I know, it's not the arrow but the Indian, but I've had the same lob wedge in my back for 12 years but I use it all the time as I hit it from 100 on in. It has definitely seen some major use. Sometimes I hit it and the ball hits the green and checks. Other times I feel like the ball should come screaming back at me and it rolls off the back of the green. Zero consistency. makes hitting to pins hard when you don't know whether to fly it to the hole or land it way short. It was okay when my putter was going as that saved me but the putter has slipped a little and my scores are going up quickly. I don't have that issue with my other wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggumup View Post
    right now it is a 1. Depending on the day, it should be either a plus 4 or a 12. I am stuck in a rut where I can literally go make 4-5 birdies a side within breaking a sweat or I can make 4-5 bogies or higher just as easy.

the biggest battle right now is my everything inside 75 yards. i think I need a new lob wedge. I know I know, it's not the arrow but the Indian, but I've had the same lob wedge in my back for 12 years but I use it all the time as I hit it from 100 on in. It has definitely seen some major use. Sometimes I hit it and the ball hits the green and checks. Other times I feel like the ball should come screaming back at me and it rolls off the back of the green. Zero consistency. makes hitting to pins hard when you don't know whether to fly it to the hole or land it way short. It was okay when my putter was going as that saved me but the putter has slipped a little and my scores are going up quickly. I don't have that issue with my other wedges.
    It's the club/arrow. After 12 years I'd bet the lie angle and loft has changed from continued use and it getting beat into the ground for 12 years.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    It's the club/arrow. After 12 years I'd bet the lie angle and loft has changed from continued use and it getting beat into the ground for 12 years.
    ^^Yeah with that type of game I would agree with Haha, time for a new wedge. The best was when I worked at a high dollar country club and some of these members who were 25+ plus handicaps would have a new set of clubs in there bag each month thinking it would help.

Just to add to the conversation, when I got fitted, he told me to bring my clubs back each spring to check the lie and loft. Now, I only play two to three rounds a week, but I routinely hit 400-500 balls a week in my yard with my wedges. Trust me, they change. Every spring there is some adjustment that needs to be done.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.