Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    If you're going to get rear ended it's because the idiot behind you is not watching the road in front, instead the idiot is watching a cell phone. Therefore a light on your motor won't help.
    I'm not so sure I agree. I had this same idea a long time ago. I've always thought it would help when you're stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. Drivers driving behind are focusing on the taillights that are a couple of feet forward of the prop. I've played around with making my own one of these. I thing it could help.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Castinclyde View Post
    The holiday's are coming and this would be a great gift for a boat owner. Peace of Mind while towing. It's not a guarantee that someone won't hit you but it's all about making awareness.

www.seacuredfishing.com

$119 shipped to your door.
    Just like I thought... dont care about the comradery just pop in post some stuff and pop out never to be heard off again....

3. Member
    See the last sticky in this forum, this may or may not apply.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    I am a board sponsor and this is a product that's been doing very well for us. I understand that it's something else to remember to remove once at the ramp but it's quite noticeable so I don't think it should be a problem.

Every time I'm on the road and at gas stations filling up, people come up and comment about what a great idea. There's no guarantee in life that it will prevent all accidents but lets just say, if you don't lock your home door, how many times would you find things stolen. I won't tow without mine attached and even though we created this product it might not be for everyone.

Just know I've had friends that have been rear ended and they will tell you, 4 to 6 months dealing wit the insurance company and not being able to use their boat was horrible. The fighting with claims and the marina when they didn't want to replace all of the parts. A year later another failed rear end leaving them with no boat again for weeks and another insurance claim due to metal fatigue. This product works and it's shipped free. Check out the video's on our web site.
    www.seacuredfishing.com

5. Member
    I made one, not as good as his, it gets the job done. Only takes an extra minute or two to remove/install. You won't regret it.

6. Member
    You guys are brutal.

7. Member
    A wireless brake light mounted much higher (i.e on the back of motor cowling) would be a better option imo and certainly more visible.

In a perfect world the wireless light would be wired into the boat's battery so it's guaranteed to have power. Would eliminate the need to remember to remove the light every time the boat is launched/loaded.

The light that the OP posted would only work for smaller motors that can be trailed with the lower unit down/

8. Member
    IMG_20170215_075333731-600x600.jpg
    Engine in "towing" position.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12