Living in a RV ?

Live by myself. Been thinking of selling my house and buying a class A. mount my Harley on the back and tow my bass boat.
    Has anybody done it?

2. Member
    I had 2 class A's, pulled a jeep and a bass boat, no problems at all.

The only issue I can see is that every time you want to fish you have to move your House (RV) to launch the boat

2009 ELITE 210

4. Member
    that is why I had the jeep.

5. Member
    Would be staying at RV sites on a lake. maybe spend the winters on The Big O. come April head north.

Go check out some RVs. Last time I went to a show I found fifth wheels to have a much more livable layout than the big bus chassis Class As. As least at that show. But, then you'd have to tow the boat behind the RV and thats a whole 'nother discussion. And, no idea where you'd put the Harley unless it was a toy box model fifth wheel.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

7. Member
    ive seen big class a diesel pushers with a special trailer that has smaller tow vehichle on bottom and a 20ft bassboat on its trailer on top, and I wanted to see how it was unloaded. but havent

I think it sounds cool short term but the problem is that would be a permanent thing in your case. I used to live in my T@b for a month straight. Eventually, I just got tired of it.

9. Member
    the problem with a large class a is the boat ramps. some have to much angle and the coach gets high sided.had to put in a couple of class a guys at the ramp. just know that if are going to fish a lot and are sold on a class a look at a better built trailer as the other guy said you and your boat, bike, and toad are ready to go. good luck. the guy that lived in for a month then got tried of it must have had not given it enough of a chance i have been living in my class c for the last four years and love everyday. fish where i want go where i want.

10. Member
    Aside from the problem of turning an appreciating asset into depreciating asset(s), it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

11. Member
    Consider a Park Model. Most are just under 400 square feet. Much cheaper than an RV but you lose the mobility of an RV.

They are quite comfortable and can keep your own vehicle for towing your boat. Especially nice when parked near your favorite water.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

12. Member
    I live our 28 foot class c it tows the boat amazing problem is launching. If i started from scratch id get a truck and tow a trailer with the boat behind it

13. Member
    Take a look at these...... http://www.sporttrailersinc.com/models/

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

14. Member
    I would think that a fifth wheel and truck would serve better than a class a.

15. Banned
    Another option would be to use a 8' bed 3/4 or 1 ton truck to tow a travel trailer. You could put the cycle in the bed. Air bags on the rear axle would be needed.

Some of the new high line travel trailers are comparable to fifth wheels--but with a conventional bumper mounted equalizer hitch with sway bars.

16. Member
    Yeah, but he wants to tow a bass boat. Hard to beat a 5th wheel, probably a toy hauler, for what he wants.

I would 'test' this out first for awhile before selling the house. Might be a 'grass looks greener' until you
    actually get on the other side of the fence, so would be nice to have the fallback (house) if necessary.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

17. Banned
    The question is whether you'll be traveling, or will your RV spend its life sitting in a RV park around Lake Okeechobee? Class A's are for traveling all the time. Fifth wheels are for leaving in one place and doing some traveling.

We went the fifth wheel route.

18. Member
    That is one question. Another is will op be towing the bass boat in states that require
    a 5th wheel for triples? Another is does op want another vehicle besides the Class A
    to drive around in/launch boat with, etc. ? Another is what happens if the house gets sold
    and RVing gets old quick?
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

19. Member
    The problem with a truck/5 th wheel trailer and bass boat is the overall length law in all the stat s. Not all states are the same.

Before I bought our Lance slide in, I spent some time looking for a toy hauler with a big enough bay to put the boat in ...... couldn't find one.

You could always go with a Host Mammoth and a truck with enough payload to carry it. Problem is that storage would be an issue to be able to live in it full time.
    There are a number of people who full time in a truck camper.....but all of them I've seen also pull a large trailer. Gonna be hard to do that and pull the boat too.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N