2006 etec 225 ho i command guage?

I'm looking to get a I command guage with Multics functions on it what do I need to hook this up to a 2006 225 ho?

Thanks

2. Member
    I believe it should, I think 2005 and newer 115HP+ are NMEA 2000 compliant and in 2008 they went down to 40HP+. To tell for sure take your hood off and make sure the connector is there, its a flat 4 conductor plug with Red/Black/Blue/White usually up near the EMM. You will also need at least the engine interface cable and a NMEA network to go along with the gauge if you do not already have them. Then there are a lot of optional equipment and sensors to go along with that if you choose.

You will need the engine drop cable, a boat network starter kit, and the I-Command gauge at minimum. Read up on NMEA2000 networks and their installation. Once you start you will be adding a GPS antenna, mulit-function display, etc.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

4. Member
    What I want is the Multi function guage.

Want to monitor

Temp
    Wp
    Faults
    hours
    trim
    rpm

Ill have to read up on it.

Both the I-Command and the ICON Pro gauges will display what you listed. You will have to buy a water pressure sensor and have it installed along with the engine computer programmed to recognize the water pressure information.

Unless you change the engine wiring harness to the I-Command style, you will not get trim readings on the I-Command gauge without jury-rigging the harness or leaving the regular trim gauge hooked up. The ICON gauge does not need that extra work.
    -----

6. Member
    Instead of using an I -command Guage would a hds8 display the different outputs on the guage page ?

Non-Evinrude gauges do not have a warning system and cannot read all of the proprietary error codes, only the universal few. On a new engine that would void the warranty for parts that are alarm-sensitive should a failure occur.
    -----

8. Member
    Would you not still get your normal alarms thru the standard system check Guage and alarm horn?

Quote Originally Posted by onttr22 View Post
    Would you not still get your normal alarms thru the standard system check Guage and alarm horn?

Yes, but you did not mention anything earlier about having or keeping the SystemCheck gauges. A non-Evinrude display will still not show all the error codes.
    -----