Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Triton Quality Control?

Just wondering, has anyone had Gel Coat issues on the 2016's ?

2. Member
    Triton has had very little issues with the QC on their boats, other than vendor parts.

Their QC leaves a lot to be desired.

Just find the Triton boat you want and go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Triton makes one of the best boats on the market, quality is just hit or miss.

I looked at 3 (2016's) in June before I found one I would accept (the 1st two had gel coat voids/blemishes). The 3rd (which I purchased) had some small issues but Triton sent me the items needed and I repaired it.

I owned 2 2015 20 TRX's both had issues with the last one only having carpet (poorly installed) and console switch issues. I replaced the carpet and Triton sent me replacement switches for the console. I sold this boat to a member here on BBC and he told me that he looked at 4 new Triton 20TRX's and they all had flaws he didn't want to deal with.
    The first and worst I gave to my Dad because I did not feel right selling it to someone. He loves it and the gelcoat blemishes do not bother him at all..

4. Member
    Yes , I have to take mine back to the dealer to fix the gel from the rub rail to the keel . It looks like a spider web .

5. Member
    I just bought a new Triton and have a few switches not light up and the carpet all started to lift up the first day in the sun. Like the boat but as I stand now I won't buy another and that may change once I use the boat more but I'm super bummed after spending that kind of money

I had a few Qc issues when it was brand new. Marty at Triton did repair with no questions asked.

I really do like my boat but I probably wouldn't buy again unless I got a smoking deal

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

7. Member
    You know that's just sad, I have an 05 Triton that looks like new not one gel coat crack or have ever had a problem other than a live well pump which was an easy fix, guess the old saying they don't make them like they used too applies here, to be honest if I was offered a brand new 2017 boat in exchange for my 05 I would turn it down.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    I have a 2015 20 trx I bought last november.. I do not have one crack or blemishe in my gel coat. I've put almost 50 hrs on the motor to date running in the ohio river where it constantly sees barge and big boat wakes. I've had no carpet issues at all so far.

My 2016 is as close to perfect now as I could wish.
    You just have to be diligent while looking to not miss anything.

Last summer after a tournament several "new" Triton owners stated to me they had zero gelcoat issues and that I must be crazy.
    Within 5 minutes I found numerous on each boat. Needless to say they all went home ticked off.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepDR View Post
    My 2016 is as close to perfect now as I could wish.
    You just have to be diligent while looking to not miss anything.

Last summer after a tournament several "new" Triton owners stated to me they had zero gelcoat issues and that I must be crazy.
    Within 5 minutes I found numerous on each boat. Needless to say they all went home ticked off.
    Well I'm 0-2...Maybe the 3rd time's a charm!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Triton has had very little issues with the QC on their boats, other than vendor parts.
    I guess I'll have to call BS on that...

12. Banned
    I've had 7 triton boats over the last 8 years and had only one small issue with a clear coat blemish on the top cap. It was the show boat at the classic in Shreveport a few years and they never gave me a minutes problem to fix it. I'm in a classic package 22trx now and no issues. I guess I've been lucky.

13. Member
    I just got my 2017, I have crawled all over it, it is near perfect, very pleased with it so far, I have not ran it yet but the dealer had it to 81 and did not mess with the engine heigth, he said he thinks it will maybe hit 85, he said it ran like on a rail at 80, he said he needed a bigger lake to test drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    I just got my 2017, I have crawled all over it, it is near perfect, very pleased with it so far, I have not ran it yet but the dealer had it to 81 and did not mess with the engine heigth, he said he thinks it will maybe hit 85, he said it ran like on a rail at 80, he said he needed a bigger lake to test drive it.
    That's purdy fast just after break in!! Most cases it takes a few hours for the mota to loosen up...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

15. Member
    Well guys I've had my 2016 20 TRX for almost a year and I've washed and waxed it numerous times and the finish is near perfect. I have one small spot that is dull right behind rear compartment about the size of a half dollar. I will say spotting any imperfections is all about light and angle for me. Try turning out your garage lights at night and shine a flashlight at different angles. Seems like this will sure make anything stand out.

16. Member
    I just noticed 4-6 bubbles on my top cap. Marty at Triton told me to find someone who could repair it and he would send out the supplies. They have been awesome with me and my problems but it definitely sucks after spending that kind of coin. Have had a light on the trailer go behind the triton cutout and lost a cap on the vault hub, all taken care of and an extra part sent. Also they ordered me the 2017 switch setup to. Boat has maybe 7hrs on it

17. Member
    My first 2016 20 TRX was sent to the dealer with an unsatisfactory repair from the plant. At pickup noticed a dull spot and tape line where it had ben repaired. What bothered me was that it was sent and sold as new. If I wouldn't have noticed it...? So, they built me a new one...3 weeks later the cap is delaminating! This has been going on since February! It has been a nightmare! I'll never buy another.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    My first 2016 20 TRX was sent to the dealer with an unsatisfactory repair from the plant. At pickup noticed a dull spot and tape line where it had ben repaired. What bothered me was that it was sent and sold as new. If I wouldn't have noticed it...? So, they built me a new one...3 weeks later the cap is delaminating! This has been going on since February! It has been a nightmare! I'll never buy another.
    Dang that really does suck! I don't blame ya though

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    That's purdy fast just after break in!! Most cases it takes a few hours for the mota to loosen up...
    They had about two hours on it when he decided to air it out, he said it was slow out of the hole, I checked to see where he had the motor setting, it was two inches below pad, running a worked 26 Fury, I think it will do quite a bit better at 3 inches below, I will get to run it this weekend, been awhile since I have been in an 80 mph boat.

20. Member
    I'm in the market for a new 19 or 20 Patriot...but I am becoming more and more concerned with the issues I hear owners having. I can't imagine it not being a major concern for repeat loyal owners. I read so many inconsistencies in speed and over all quality, I find it hard to drop that kind of money on a boat that is not of pristine quality. Are the 16 and 17 hulls really a 80mph hull? What kind of tournament loaded speeds are owners getting from the 19 and 20 trx?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast