Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_gt View Post
    I'm in the market for a new 19 or 20 Patriot...but I am becoming more and more concerned with the issues I hear owners having. I can't imagine it not being a major concern for repeat loyal owners. I read so many inconsistencies in speed and over all quality, I find it hard to drop that kind of money on a boat that is not of pristine quality. Are the 16 and 17 hulls really a 80mph hull? What kind of tournament loaded speeds are owners getting from the 19 and 20 trx?
    Tuesday me and my partner averaged 73 mph gps up river with a half tank of gas in a tournament. On the way back we was hitting 73 down river with a full livewell. The Temps are still fairly warm here also. I have a 2015 20 trx. On a fall tournament I see that speed going up a mph or 2 with that same load. We even had the cooler loaded with drinks.

2. Member
    I'm in the market for a new 19 or 20 Patriot...but I am becoming more and more concerned with the issues I hear owners having. I can't imagine it not being a major concern for repeat loyal owners. I read so many inconsistencies in speed and over all quality, I find it hard to drop that kind of money on a boat that is not of pristine quality. Are the 16 and 17 hulls really a 80mph hull? What kind of tournament loaded speeds are owners getting from the 19 and 20 trx?
    I got 75 out of the 1st one loaded, 77 out of the 2nd one unloaded. Both with 250 Po XS's.
    73 out of the loaner I'm using now (2015 20TRX w/ 20 SHO) but haven't adjusted height. And I'm 300+.

I know of several more 2016's with issues. Everything from high 60's top speed(250's) to water spilling out of the live well under the cap!

3. Member
    I have not seen any 21TRX's run 80mph on gps loaded, most run in the mid 70s.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    water spilling out of the live well under the cap!
    There is actually an overfill drain in the top corner of the livewell. If you don't plug it up, the water will find a way to drain out while you are running the big motor. Doesn't seem like that much water could escape but if you put a plug in it you will see that's all it was...
    Eric Blankendaal
    Clark Marine Sales
    Ranger and Triton dealer
    Franklin, TN 37064
    615-599-8748

5. Member
    I appreciate the response guys. Warrior21 those type speeds I can live with, but the quality issues I could not. I can not understand a boat coming from the factory that has a rough finish or blemish. I have also heard several with carpet issues at only 2 weeks or first time it gets wet, switches that never work. Then the thing about inconsistencies in speed from one 20 to the next. I can see a mph or 2 mph difference...but in some cases as much as 8 to 10 someone is dropping the ball somewhere. Have yall ever noticed that on some hulls the arrow doesn't match up from top cap to hull side?
    Maybe I'm to picky?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    I have not seen any 21TRX's run 80mph on gps loaded, most run in the mid 70s.
    If you hang a 300 XS on the back you can get there.

7. Member
    the thing about inconsistencies in speed from one 20 to the next. I can see a mph or 2 mph difference...but in some cases as much as 8 to 10 someone is dropping the ball somewhere.
    The inconsistencies in speed are most likely related to the driver, not the boat. I've driven 6 or 7 different 20 TRX's in the last year and they've all been in the 71-74 MPH range regardless of the load.
    Eric Blankendaal
    Clark Marine Sales
    Ranger and Triton dealer
    Franklin, TN 37064
    615-599-8748

Quote Originally Posted by eblankendaal View Post
    The inconsistencies in speed are most likely related to the driver, not the boat. I've driven 6 or 7 different 20 TRX's in the last year and they've all been in the 71-74 MPH range regardless of the load.
    I agree with Eric.

I have owned 3 20TRX's now and all of them consistently hit 73-76.

9. Member
    A little birdie told me they had a boat that would not hit 70, they brought it back to the factory to tear it apart to see if they could find the problem, they found an extra 200 plus pounds of fiberglass blown into the nose of the boat, don't know if this is fact but it did come from someone that I would believe.

10. Member
    Real or not I don't know but I hate these type stories.....exactly what I'm talking about...what in the world..I get the speed thing...to many variables with set up and what not.
    What prop you guys recommend for the 20 patriot..I'm close to making a purchase...just hung up on the 19 vs 20.

11. Member
    I appreciate the response guys. Warrior21 those type speeds I can live with, but the quality issues I could not. I can not understand a boat coming from the factory that has a rough finish or blemish. I have also heard several with carpet issues at only 2 weeks or first time it gets wet, switches that never work. Then the thing about inconsistencies in speed from one 20 to the next. I can see a mph or 2 mph difference...but in some cases as much as 8 to 10 someone is dropping the ball somewhere. Have yall ever noticed that on some hulls the arrow doesn't match up from top cap to hull side?
    Maybe I'm to picky?
    First time mine seen the sun the carpet all wrinkled, but didn't even see water yet
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Real or not I don't know but I hate these type stories.....exactly what I'm talking about...what in the world..I get the speed thing...to many variables with set up and what not.
    What prop you guys recommend for the 20 patriot..I'm close to making a purchase...just hung up on the 19 vs 20.
    I dont have a patriot, but I run a worked 26 tempest plus on my 20 trx. Just performs better than the 25 pitch fury.

13. Member
    They fix it? How? How long was you without boat?
    You satisfied with the fix?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    A little birdie told me they had a boat that would not hit 70, they brought it back to the factory to tear it apart to see if they could find the problem, they found an extra 200 plus pounds of fiberglass blown into the nose of the boat, don't know if this is fact but it did come from someone that I would believe.
    No such little birdie, all the 20 TRX's I have sold and ran are running in the 70's. I will check but I don't think there has been one 20TRX returned for performance issues.

15. Member
    They fix it? How? How long was you without boat?
    You satisfied with the fix?
    They are gonna fix it over winter and recarpet the whole boat I found a few bubbles in the gel coat they are gonna take care of to. Ill say their quality control sucks but their customer service have been awesome to me

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    No such little birdie, all the 20 TRX's I have sold and ran are running in the 70's. I will check but I don't think there has been one 20TRX returned for performance issues.
    It was a 21 foot boat and was built at the Ranger factory, it belonged to a BASS fishermen, at least that is the story i got. I had also heard a story that somehow there was 50 plus gallons of water trapped in the front of a boat, you know how stories go.

17. Member
    There is no place on the front of the boat that can hold that much water. The fiberglass stringer system are drilled for water to escape, all the pockets between the stringers are foam filled. If any area does hold water in would only be a small amount.

18. Member
    The glue boat manufactures are having to use sucks. Thanks EPA.

19. Member
    The only issue I have out of my new 2016 is those dang console switches. They seem to never want to work.
    2016 179 trx

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firebirdmuscle View Post
    The only issue I have out of my new 2016 is those dang console switches. They seem to never want to work.
    There is a recall on those buttons. Give your dealer a call and they should be able to order the 2017 rotary switches.
    Eric Blankendaal
    Clark Marine Sales
    Ranger and Triton dealer
    Franklin, TN 37064
    615-599-8748

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast