Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    maybe time to recall all trx models mine has a cracked in front of passenger rod locker as well. stay on this guy's keep triton informed to mutch money involved.

I went by the fiberglass shop that Triton uses and showed him the cracks. The cracks are dang near right across from where the other ones were but on the opposite side.

He said that they are a big deal at the moment but I need to keep and eye on them to insure that they don't open. Up.

I sent Triton an Email with no responce and a call with no call back.

Hopefully they call me back. These crack could turn into something bad

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I went by the fiberglass shop that Triton uses and showed him the cracks. The cracks are dang near right across from where the other ones were but on the opposite side.

He said that they are a big deal at the moment but I need to keep and eye on them to insure that they don't open. Up.

I sent Triton an Email with no responce and a call with no call back.

Hopefully they call me back. These crack could turn into something bad

I assume your post meant to say "NO" big deal at this time? I say, WHAT??? No big deal? the boat is only 1 yr old!!! Sounds like another Triton disaster to me. Unfortunately I must welcome you to the club.

4. Member
    I suppose I better climb under mine and see how bad it looks.

Yea not a big deal is what I meant to say. He said that it definitely should not be cracking right there. He said that crack inside the boat are normal to most brands but not on the hull
    Last edited by Tim W; 10-03-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    I suppose I better climb under mine and see how bad it looks.
    Good luck. This will probably be my last Triton. Like iv said. Iv had gelcoat issues from day one.

Triton has stepped up and took care of the early on QC issues. I'm hopping they take care of this as well. It's probably a matter of time before it starts to separate

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Yea not a big deal is what I meant to say. He said that it definitely should not be cracking right there. He said that crack inside the boat are normal to most brands but not on the hull
    He is right, decks are way more likely to get cracks than hulls.

His theory is that the gelcoat might have been put on to thick there. The cracks are right where the the sub floor ties in I guess to the hull.

9. Member
    I hate to read this stuff....seeing,that I just bought one,myself...really hate you guys are having these kind of issues after paying what they cost...maybe I'm wrong but I am going nuts if I experience issues like you guys...These boats cost to much to settle for a poorly made product...or defective material...

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_gt View Post
    I hate to read this stuff....seeing,that I just bought one,myself...really hate you guys are having these kind of issues after paying what they cost...maybe I'm wrong but I am going nuts if I experience issues like you guys...These boats cost to much to settle for a poorly made product...or defective material...
    Yeah, everyone I fish with told me I was a fool for not demanding a total refund or at the very least the option to purchase a Ranger or Stratus replacement. It just isn't my style to do that as I always figure it will work out for the best some how. Unfortunately Triton has proved to me that that is not always the case. My boat was (and still is) a complete disgrace. Now I'm stuck and they have their money, good for them I guess.

11. Member
    TH..I just don't understand not pursuing your trouble more. I understand thinking it will work out for the best...but if it doesn't...YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER!!
    PERIOD! I assume you worked hard for your money...you have options...they didn't ask for half the money they wanted full price...and I assume you want a boat to be proud of..it's Tritons place to make it right...but that's my opinion..I'm not saying be ugly about it..but they shouldn't be let off the hook..anyway I'm still sorry for you..GL!

It's sad to say but I will never own another unless these issues gets taken care of
    Last edited by Tim W; 10-04-2016 at 10:53 AM.

13. Member
    i'm on my 2nd triton now...bought the 1st one in '99.....just traded it in this spring for a 179 trx......the only problem so far with either one, is one of the push button switches on the new one....other than that, it's been perfect....sorry to hear about all of the issues....

14. Member
    We have had 8 Tritons, no problems out of any of them, well except for the 2014 TRX recall boat, and nothing was wrong with it, guess we are lucky.

15. Member
    I am going to get a 3rd replacement 2013 20xs next year. As good as it is that triton is replacing the boats and trying to take care of the issues customers are having it is happening far to often from what read, heard and witnessed. I wish i could have just got my money back. The time i have spent boatless and back and forth to the dealer makes me sick.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thorp View Post
    I am going to get a 3rd replacement 2013 20xs next year. As good as it is that triton is replacing the boats and trying to take care of the issues customers are having it is happening far to often from what read, heard and witnessed. I wish i could have just got my money back. The time i have spent boatless and back and forth to the dealer makes me sick.
    Exactly. Part of my failure to "pursue" my issue with Triton was that I am 15 hours from their factory and 3 hours from my dealer. I just can't bring myself to miss that much "life", work and $$$$$ to take it any further. I was really hoping they would say "wow Mr. Hendrick, we are incredibly sorry and will send a carrier for your boat" and replace it with an equal value Ranger or Stratus. Probably a lot to ask but I just can't afford to run all over the Country getting my BRAND NEW $40,000 Triton REPAIRED.

Side note: I just contacted Triton about the "recalled" switches and they are now back ordered . They did however tell me if I have any issues installing them they would "walk me through it" on the phone . I had a recall on my GMC truck and the dealer did the work NOT ME!

17. Banned
    I liked how when I bought my boat I also bought a Triton cover for it. You know, because at the time I stored my boat at a storage lot outside. Figuring in the 4 weeks between purchase and taking delivery they'd get the cover in. Nope. Took another 8 weeks after taking delivery for me to get my cover. Don't know if it was the dealer or Triton's fault. Blaming both for taking my money for 11 weeks and not delivering the product I paid for.

Then there was the second console fiasco. Ordered at time of purchase, also took forever and a day to get delivered to the dealer. Who, upon receiving it, didn't call me for weeks. I had to call Triton, to call the dealer, to get them to call me and lie to me about it just coming in. Then I go get it installed and the glove box door and surround plastic doesn't match the driver console. At all. Does the dealer say anything? Nope. Did they even care? Probably not. It was so blatantly obvious. At least the gel matched. Said f'it and didn't bother trying to get it replaced with the correct console. I did have to call Triton to get the Triton sticker for the glove box door that wasn't on there. Did he dealer bother doing that, nope.

Every step of my purchase, and the following months, was a clusterf*** dealing with a dealer that doesn't care about their customers.

The kicker was getting a call from the sales manager at the dealer, about 3 months after taking delivery, asking if I was still interested in buying the boat.

18. Member
    You guys are making me sick....Come on Triton yall can do better than this....

19. Member
    I have no problems at all with my new 2017 189 TRX. Just what I wanted 150 4s runs 54mph. Thats with 1/2 tank of gas and my fat butt with my wife. After do some tweaking I should get a few more mhp. Boat was supper clean when I picked it up. Everything works great.I upgraded just about everything on the boat I knew what I wanted in a boat after having boats since I was 18 years old many many years ago. This makes the third Triton for me and loved them all supper great boats. My last Triton was a 1999 TR 21I thouoght I might miss the big boat feel and speed but not fishing a lot of big TX any more I down sized. I don't think I'm going to miss running 70mph plus this 189 TRX running 54mph is fine with me. This new boat is really stable running and fishing. I can't get over how wide the deck is It just not any smaller then what I had on the TR21.

I have to give a shout out to Clark Marine and Trent Peterson for making the last boat I will ever buy a dream come true. Awesome place check them out in TN

20. Member

my new 2017 189 TRX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast