Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Well I pick up my new 2017 189TRX this week. you bet I'll look it over it only took 16 weeks to get it maybe they had enough time to get it right. it will be my third Triton and I hope this works out.I chose to go new instead of redoing my TR21 I hope I don't regret it. I all ways wanted a new boat instead of buying use and fixing all the mess previous owner made.

2. Member
    I have a 1999 Tx21....not a stress crack...no where financially able to buy new but man I will keep it even longer

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkseyes View Post
    Well I pick up my new 2017 189TRX this week. you bet I'll look it over it only took 16 weeks to get it maybe they had enough time to get it right. it will be my third Triton and I hope this works out.I chose to go new instead of redoing my TR21 I hope I don't regret it. I all ways wanted a new boat instead of buying use and fixing all the mess previous owner made.
    I picked up a 2016 189TRX earlier this year and love it. Not every boat made by Triton is a QC nightmare! Hope yours is a good one too.

4. Member
    Take a good flashlight with you and shine the sides of boat you will be amazed . Trust me I know.

5. Member
    What I'm I looking for with the flashlight exactly?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkseyes View Post
    Man I truly hope it works out great for you. I don't wish my issues on my worst enemy. I hope you enjoy the hell out of that boat and catch tons of fish!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_gt View Post
    What I'm I looking for with the flashlight exactly?
    See all the imperfections in the gelcoat and in the paint I have a lot hope you don't have any.

8. Member
    ​i dealt with marty a couple times this spring, while waiting for my boat....he's an awesome guy to deal with....but on the Q/C subject, i purchased my 2nd triton this spring, and have had no problems with either one of them....

9. Member
    Marty took care of my issues no questions asked. Just wished I had no issues in the first place.

10. Banned
    My boat had a good amount of growing pains. A ton of QC issues that I easily fixed. Some are still there, like the carpet around the pedestal holes looks like it was cut by Helen Keller. More broken windshield anchors on the passenger console. Sloppy wiring at the drivers console. I've taken out every single screw I could find and epoxied a speed clip behind the hole, otherwise every one of those screws would be loose after a fishing trip. Had some dull spots on the hull where it looked like it may have been scratched, they wet sanded the scratch out and didn't buff it out completely. Both seats came loose from the bases. That required unbolting the bases from the top cap, loc-tite'd the seat bolts to the bases and re-installed with nylock nuts. Yeah, they didn't use nylock nuts to mount the base to the top cap. Was only a matter of time before those came loose as well. Lots of untrimmed fiberglass edges I cleaned up. Center storage carpeted lid/step was loose. Not the screws holding it on, but the rivets that held the lid to the hinge were all loose. Drilled all of those out and used stainless nuts and bolts to reattach the hinge. Replaced all of the cheap rocker switches, where the covers kept breaking off, with rotary switches and mounted those to custom made carbon fiber plates.

Then there were dealer related QC issues I had to deal with. When I picked my new boat up it looked like it had been sitting outside, uncovered, for a month it was so filthy. They didn't purge the oil res on the motor. Didn't address any of the QC issues listed above. Didn't really give a rats ass about resolving the couple things I took it back for, like the poorly installed console graph that wasn't wired directly to the battery. Though, they said they replaced the starting battery, but I'm thinking they didn't.

It's all good now. Hammered out most everything on my own, boat fishes great, motor runs great and I get it serviced at a Ranger dealer. LOL Triton will not get another dime from me.

08-26-2016, 09:11 AM

*** Originally Posted by southern_gt

the thing about inconsistencies in speed from one 20 to the next. I can see a mph or 2 mph difference...but in some cases as much as 8 to 10 someone is dropping the ball somewhere.

The inconsistencies in speed are most likely related to the driver, not the boat. I've driven 6 or 7 different 20 TRX's in the last year and they've all been in the 71-74 MPH range regardless of the load. *****

agree!!!! drivers weight, amount of load and how it is positioned, fuel, power poles or no power poles, transducer selection, etc all make a big difference in how a boat runs. You can have two of the same boat and one be basic, and the other have duel poles, structure scan, etc and it will be 2+ mph slower due to drag.

on quality issues, I have sold a lot of boats and have NEVER had to have a trx series boat re gel'd or carpet replaced.
    drive it like you stole it! 6g's or MORE!

12. Member
    Jesus Richochet thats quite the laundry list of items. Have the same boat (2015) and have had zero issues to date.

Well my 15 trx is all cracked up. It's not qc it just recently got that way. I noticed it while washing the hull. There is also a crack by the passenger rod holder and corner of the ice chest. Im starting to wonder if my boat was sprayed with bad gelcoat or somthing.

However I did have some qc issues early on. Broken fiberglass under the center seat, stripped out screws, loose drivers seat, cracks on the bow, Cracked floor in the front tackle compartment and a dull spot on the top cap.

Pics of my recent find the crack are longer but photo editing would not allow me to see more pictures so I circled what I could see. The cracks are up front about 3 to 4 feet from the roller

I will say though.. Triton has been great at repairing all issues witj out blinking an eye. I have not contacted them about this issue I'll wait untill fall is up so I can still use it while fishing is great.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Tim W; 10-02-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

14. Banned
    Damn, those are some serious cracks. Length cracks either indicate a structural deficiency in those areas or you got some serious air and smacked the water hard. I will say I've had my boat completely out of the water and hit hard on landing with no damage at all. I do have one small stress crack on my boat, and I know where and when I got it. But, it was my fault. So, I'll eat the cost of that repair if it gets worse. I don't think it will considering where it's at.

15. Member
    You are waaay less likely to have stress cracks in a smaller boat with lower horse power, than a big one.

Yea iv never gone Evel Knievel with my boat. Iv been in choppy Water but nothing that should do that. It happend on my last outing. The water was smooth. I as long have a crack or two on the corner of my transom
    Last edited by Tim W; 10-03-2016 at 08:32 AM.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Yea iv never gone Evel Knievel with my boat. Iv been in choppy Water but nothing that should do that. It happend on my last outing. The water was smooth. I as long have a crack or two on the corner of my transom
    You going to give Triton a call and see what they say? There could be a defect in the hull if it happened during normal use.

Yea. Iv sent marty picts. Just waiting for a reply. If i have a defect wouldn't I be taking on water or something? I really think the gel coat was laid wrong or something. I have had gelcoat issues since day one

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Yea. Iv sent marty picts. Just waiting for a reply. If i have a defect wouldn't I be taking on water or something? I really think the gel coat was laid wrong or something. I have had gelcoat issues since day one
    Either the gel delaminated from the glass, which is a defect, or there was a significant impact which caused the hull to buckle in that area causing the crack. Either way, unless the glass was seriously compromised I doubt it would allow water intrusion.

I bet the gel is coming loose. They fixed some issue around that are whwn I first got the boat. This is getting old

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast