Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 233
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    454
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by eblankendaal View Post
    There is a recall on those buttons. Give your dealer a call and they should be able to order the 2017 rotary switches.
    I called my dealer and told me to make an appointment and they would install the new panels
    He acted kind of surprised that I knew about it already.. lol

  2. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Acworth
    Posts
    73
    #42
    I have yet to get a resolution on my boat! They still have it and I've got the loaner. Talked to the Rep Monday and was told that I would get a call Monday evening...Still waiting!

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sweet Water(football)they go together
    Posts
    379
    #43
    Warrior21..what is wrong with your boat?
    2017 Triton 20 TRXelite 250 pro xs

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Acworth
    Posts
    73
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_gt View Post
    Warrior21..what is wrong with your boat?
    Bought the first one in Feb. it had a dull spot on the side where it had been half-a** repaired at the factory. They sent it to the dealer that way to be sold as a new boat. I had them build me another one...
    2nd one arrived the last week of May. 3 weeks later it had blisters in the gelcoat the size of softballs. I call it delamination, I was corrected, they call it a "paint problem". I guess they can't say the "D" word anymore!
    They took that one to TN. to decide what they were going to do with it. Going on 4 weeks now, the rep won't return my calls. I've had 1 call saying that they were just going to repair it, I told them that I wasn't paying full price for repaired boat. He claimed he would talk to "them" and get back to me later that evening...That was Monday, 5 days later...nothing. I waited my whole life to own new boat like this. It's been a nightmare...Heartbreaking

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    1,300
    #45
    Looks like the Trackerfication of the bass boat brands is well under way.

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Soddy Daisy
    Posts
    1,220
    #46
    One of my industrial customers in Flippin, AR said it is very hard to find enough workers in that area. Maybe Triton should move their production back to TN?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I called my dealer and told me to make an appointment and they would install the new panels
    He acted kind of surprised that I knew about it already.. lol

    Get Marty to send you all 3 panels, it takes about 15 minutes to change all 3.

  8. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    454
    #48
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepDR View Post
    Get Marty to send you all 3 panels, it takes about 15 minutes to change all 3.
    Who is Marty and how do I get a hold of him?

  9. #49
    Marty is over customer service at Triton.
    He is the by far the best employee Triton has and he has the toughest job.

    His direct #615-792-4606

  10. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    454
    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepDR View Post
    Marty is over customer service at Triton.
    He is the by far the best employee Triton has and he has the toughest job.

    His direct #615-792-4606
    Thanks for the info. I'll give Marty a call..

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Grand Lake
    Posts
    4,438
    #51
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior21 View Post
    Bought the first one in Feb. it had a dull spot on the side where it had been half-a** repaired at the factory. They sent it to the dealer that way to be sold as a new boat. I had them build me another one...
    2nd one arrived the last week of May. 3 weeks later it had blisters in the gelcoat the size of softballs. I call it delamination, I was corrected, they call it a "paint problem". I guess they can't say the "D" word anymore!
    They took that one to TN. to decide what they were going to do with it. Going on 4 weeks now, the rep won't return my calls. I've had 1 call saying that they were just going to repair it, I told them that I wasn't paying full price for repaired boat. He claimed he would talk to "them" and get back to me later that evening...That was Monday, 5 days later...nothing. I waited my whole life to own new boat like this. It's been a nightmare...Heartbreaking
    That sucks and I feel bad that you have to go through all this and for all the headaches. These are all reasons why I left Triton as a customer. I was a Triton customer from the beginning coming from champion after they had issues with the 96 year boats which I owned. I have owned Triton boats from 97-2005. I seen the overall quality of the boats, quality control, dealer service, and factory service going downhill so I made the switch to BC right around the time they were sold. I'm not here to bash Triton cause all manufactures have some issues but some seem to have way more serious issues than others. I could go on and on about all the issues but I wont. Anyone can use the boards to search manufactures and see for themselves the pattern. I'm glad I made the switch cause looking back now it has seemed to have gotten worse.




  12. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    1,331
    #52
    I have crawled all over my 2017 21 TRX, it is about perfect, the only thing I am not crazy about is between the seats and the storage compartments the carpet is not trimmed or bound, it is like only 6 inches on each side, other than that i am very satisfied with my new rig.

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    136
    #53
    I have waited 54 years to own a Triton and finally got one last year. 2015 189 TRX with Merc. 150 four stroke. My wife was laughing so hard at me when we were on our way to pick it up i think she pee'd. That is where the fun ended!

    1. fuel vent hose was run OVER the top of the fuel tank and plastic center console box was smashed down on it. First time I stepped on the lid (you guessed it) broke the box, pulled the screws out of the fiberglass and broke the fitting off the tank.
    2. Lights n the trailor quit working after 2nd trip.
    3. Fishing graphs would not stay on and popped breakers constantly.
    4. Burnt up both fish finders.
    5. Every time I turned on the livewell and any other electronic together it would pop breakers.
    6. Discovered COMPLETE boat wiring was "backward"!
    7. Circuit panel installed upside down and wired completely backwards.
    8. Auto bilge not working any longer.
    9. 2 dead batteries already.
    10. water pressure gauge no longer working

    I obviously would never own another. Unfortunately all said and done it was a $40K lesson that I couldn't afford to make as I am now stuck with this POS for years. Triton sent me 6 discontinued Duckett rods for my troubles. Just an absolute disgrace!

  14. Member Bartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Russiaville, IN
    Posts
    632
    #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    I have waited 54 years to own a Triton and finally got one last year. 2015 189 TRX with Merc. 150 four stroke. My wife was laughing so hard at me when we were on our way to pick it up i think she pee'd. That is where the fun ended!

    1. fuel vent hose was run OVER the top of the fuel tank and plastic center console box was smashed down on it. First time I stepped on the lid (you guessed it) broke the box, pulled the screws out of the fiberglass and broke the fitting off the tank.
    2. Lights n the trailor quit working after 2nd trip.
    3. Fishing graphs would not stay on and popped breakers constantly.
    4. Burnt up both fish finders.
    5. Every time I turned on the livewell and any other electronic together it would pop breakers.
    6. Discovered COMPLETE boat wiring was "backward"!
    7. Circuit panel installed upside down and wired completely backwards.
    8. Auto bilge not working any longer.
    9. 2 dead batteries already.
    10. water pressure gauge no longer working

    I obviously would never own another. Unfortunately all said and done it was a $40K lesson that I couldn't afford to make as I am now stuck with this POS for years. Triton sent me 6 discontinued Duckett rods for my troubles. Just an absolute disgrace!
    WOW!!! I was looking at getting a new boat next year. I had it narrowed down to a new Triton or Legend. Unfortunately, both of these companies have horror stories like this one. I understand some defects getting through QC but come on guys. I think I'll keep my old 2000 TR19 and keep upgrading it as needed.

  15. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    136
    #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    WOW!!! I was looking at getting a new boat next year. I had it narrowed down to a new Triton or Legend. Unfortunately, both of these companies have horror stories like this one. I understand some defects getting through QC but come on guys. I think I'll keep my old 2000 TR19 and keep upgrading it as needed.
    If ever get the opportunity to buy another boat it will be a Ranger ( Yes I am aware they are both owned by Bass Pro ) which has a MUCH higher standard of QC or a Phoenix.

  16. Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    81
    #56
    Todd Hendrick, Ive been around the Marine Business for many years. I DO NOT sell Bass Boats anymore, but, if I were in the Market to spend my hard earned money on a New Bass Boat it would easily be a New Bass Cat or Phoenix. Yes I know some of the BCB layouts arent as cookie cutter as the Old Stratos layout thats on every bass boat out,but go to a Boat Show that Rick Pierce will be at and Let him take you thru one of his boats, Listen, give your feedback, and see what you think. If you have the designer go thru a BCB, and a Phoenix you will see in minutes what you like, you will have 2 companys that ACTUALLY Care if your happy or not, and you will have 1 of the Best bass boats made.....Rangers are great, but YOU WILL see a change on them, Triton is Great, but you will see a change. You may also make a drive to Missouri and check out the Charger brand, Owned by people and these small companys will exceed your purchasing expectations. If you would like some construction FACTS that I cannot post here my cell is always on, and as I said im not here selling a brand, Im totally unbiased. 847-450-4011 AlumaMan

  17. Member Bartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Russiaville, IN
    Posts
    632
    #57
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumaMan View Post
    I were in the Market to spend my hard earned money on a New Bass Boat it would easily be a New Bass Cat or Phoenix.
    Agree 100%

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    136
    #58
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumaMan View Post
    Todd Hendrick, Ive been around the Marine Business for many years. I DO NOT sell Bass Boats anymore, but, if I were in the Market to spend my hard earned money on a New Bass Boat it would easily be a New Bass Cat or Phoenix. Yes I know some of the BCB layouts arent as cookie cutter as the Old Stratos layout thats on every bass boat out,but go to a Boat Show that Rick Pierce will be at and Let him take you thru one of his boats, Listen, give your feedback, and see what you think. If you have the designer go thru a BCB, and a Phoenix you will see in minutes what you like, you will have 2 companys that ACTUALLY Care if your happy or not, and you will have 1 of the Best bass boats made.....Rangers are great, but YOU WILL see a change on them, Triton is Great, but you will see a change. You may also make a drive to Missouri and check out the Charger brand, Owned by people and these small companys will exceed your purchasing expectations. If you would like some construction FACTS that I cannot post here my cell is always on, and as I said im not here selling a brand, Im totally unbiased. 847-450-4011 AlumaMan
    I really appreciate the info Alumaman unfortunately I gave everything I had to Triton and now I'm stuck until it is paid off. I will make the best of the situation (since Triton will not) and take my lump (Triton boats) and deal with it. By the way... In a few years I will have a very nice Triton TRX189 for sale if anyone is in the market!

  19. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    454
    #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    I really appreciate the info Alumaman unfortunately I gave everything I had to Triton and now I'm stuck until it is paid off. I will make the best of the situation (since Triton will not) and take my lump (Triton boats) and deal with it. By the way... In a few years I will have a very nice Triton TRX189 for sale if anyone is in the market!
    Hate to hear about things like this. Other than a failed attempt of Triton using bush buttons on my boat witch will be changed in the very near future, I'm very satisfied with my 20 trx. Nice balance in a boat for me. I could have bought other brands but like the deal I got and am not looking back.

  20. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Soddy Daisy
    Posts
    1,220
    #60
    I've never had any issues with my 14 21TRX.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast