Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
  1. Banned
    the issue with the 18XS/189TRX, at least from what I've seen and on my boat, is there is no rigging tube. It's a rubber boot where the rigging comes out of the hull to the motor. Now, I can come off plane and not flood my rear deck, but flood the splash well and water will get in through that boot. It's not a tight seal around the steering, shift and fuel lines. Also, the little rubber cover for the charging plug doesn't always stay put. If that comes loose when the splashwell floods, again, another point for water to get in.

Not saying this is how it is for all models, but on mine there are 2 locations in the splashwell where water can easily get in.

2. Member
    Good call on the rigging area, had no considered that on my 18XS, I get water every trip. Any way to correct this?

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Good call on the rigging area, had no considered that on my 18XS, I get water every trip. Any way to correct this?
    Not easily. The steering is different on our motors from that of a 225+ so they can't be routed through a hard rigging tube. Nor does the 150 accept a hard rigging tube, I don't think. Could probably pack that rubber boot around all the rigging with clear silicone.

I'm 100% sure that's where water is getting in my boat. I only get water when I'm fishing tournaments and come off plane quickly. If I'm super mindful of staying ahead of the water so it doesn't flood the splashwell then I get no water in my bilge.

4. Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    Look on the bright side it was only your trolling motor that was backwards. As I reported quite sometime ago my whole POS (2015 189trx)was wired backwards including the circuit panel.
    Wow
    2018 Triton 179 TRX w/Mercury ProXS 115 Fourstroke Command Thrust

5. Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    I have a 2017 20 TRX patriot only had it a couple months .. Mine has been dry as a bone .. Did you check any live well intakes or drain plug to make shure they were siliconed... Or nuts are tight . Good luck
    i personally didn’t. I took it back to dealer to locate and correct. I should get boat back today. I’ll let everyone know what they found.

6. Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    the issue with the 18XS/189TRX, at least from what I've seen and on my boat, is there is no rigging tube. It's a rubber boot where the rigging comes out of the hull to the motor. Now, I can come off plane and not flood my rear deck, but flood the splash well and water will get in through that boot. It's not a tight seal around the steering, shift and fuel lines. Also, the little rubber cover for the charging plug doesn't always stay put. If that comes loose when the splashwell floods, again, another point for water to get in.

Not saying this is how it is for all models, but on mine there are 2 locations in the splashwell where water can easily get in.
    Yep. Mine is the same way. Poor location for charging cord, IMO.

7. Vince
    Picked up my boat yesterday. Shop Manager advised the water was entering the bilge via the driver's side tie-down u-bolt on transom. Took boat to the lake today. Everything looked pretty good. There was a little water in the bilge, but I can't be sure whether it was from the built-in ice chest or not (I forgot to put plug in it). Looks like things are looking better.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314