Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by On top View Post
    i just boat a new triton and the first time I put boat it water it leaked water . This means triton did not even check boat in the water before they shipped it what a piece of Sh#t
    Maybe the drain plug wasn't in?

2. Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Dont be worried. Take it out have a good time. Let us know how it goes
    Took the brand new 179 TRX out on the lake this morning. I was actually on the water for about two hours working on engine break-in. My daughter (11 year old) and I were going to fish, but due to boat issues and wind we just rode around. First the boat. I like it. It seemed stable and took the boat wakes and small chop way better than I expected from an 18' boat. It felt like it's bigger than it really is. When we stopped to fish, it took me roughly 2 minutes to determine the trolling motor (Minn Kota Edge 70) was operating in reverse. By the time I figured it out, it quit working completely. Yup, I got pretty angry because we were a good 45 minutes from home and I had NO tools with me. Boat came with Lowrance Hook 7 at console. What a piece of s**t. Coming from an HDS 10 and 9 (was on Skeeter when I sold it), the Hook series sucks. I could NOT get the map to find me no matter what I did. It just showed me running over land... The Mercury 115 fourstoke Command Thrust was awesome. Love it! Nice and quiet. Feels very peppy. With a half tank of fuel, all my gear, my daughter and I, and keeping it under 4500 RPM (as required in manual), we hit about 42 MPH. Fine by me. Fishability is more important to me than speed. Speaking of fishability, the rod locker does have an organizer built inside it and I believe it'd be wayyy better without the organizer. I was afraid to push my 7'6" rod inside. It did fit. I doubt an 8' rod will fit. However, I don't have one to try. I will say that if I had a passenger console it'd a LOT more difficult getting rods in and out. After riding a bit, I trailered the boat. I did not open plug because I wanted to see if there was indeed water in the bilge after getting out of water. Yep, sure was. Couldn't see where it was coming from, but water was there. Plug was in securely and wasn't cross-threaded. Going back to dealer as soon as they open Tuesday...

Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Triton 179 TRX w/Mercury ProXS 115 Fourstroke Command Thrust

good god, after reading these threads, I can say that I am extremely happy to of just purchased a Ranger!!!

4. Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by BLuRRnAWAY View Post
    good god, after reading these threads, I can say that I am extremely happy to of just purchased a Ranger!!!
    Wanna hear something crazy?! I chose the Triton over a Ranger, but in my defense I've never owned a Triton and neither has any of my family members. Coworker's were the recommenders. Overall I do like the boat ride & motor. It's the little things that are aggravating me.
    Last edited by vb3391; 09-30-2017 at 01:15 PM.

5. Vince
    Update...

I did find out the issue with the trolling motor. My trolling motor is hard-wired so I started by checking the 24v battery connection. They were wired right. I then pulled cover over front depth finder hole and behold! It was wired BACKWARDS. Quality control issue maybe? Now let's find the water leak....

Oh yeah, I found out something else I could not find ANYWHERE. The rod locker on the 179 TRX is NOT made for 8' rods, much less my 7'6" rods. Without a measuring tape, I'd say they aren't recommended for anything over 6'6" (for those who have organizers and IF you want the tips inside the tubes). Why? Well, there was about a foot of my 7'6" rod sticking out from the rod tube and into the lip where top cap and bottom cap met. My 7' rod wasn't sticking into the same lip, but it was sticking out the end of the rod tube.
    Last edited by vb3391; 09-30-2017 at 01:12 PM.

6. Member
    Put toghether by the exact same person that put the Triton together.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLuRRnAWAY View Post

How much did the dealer charge you for rigging? I'd ask him how it got thru the shop to you that way. Lake tests are part of the rigging at the dealership I run my Triton out of.

8. Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by JRTrower View Post
    How much did the dealer charge you for rigging? I'd ask him how it got thru the shop to you that way. Lake tests are part of the rigging at the dealership I run my Triton out of.
    Not sure, but I'll certainly ask him Tuesday.

I just sent an inquiry to a dealer about a new TX21 today. Then I saw this thread.... Not getting a warm fuzzy at all.
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by vb3391 View Post
    Not sure, but I'll certainly ask him Tuesday.
    I couldn’t really tell how much water was in your boat. Could it had set outside at one time in a rain before you purchased it? I’d dry it best I could and take it back out on the water again.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

11. Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECrappie View Post
    I couldn’t really tell how much water was in your boat. Could it had set outside at one time in a rain before you purchased it? I’d dry it best I could and take it back out on the water again.
    Sorry about the picture quality. It's about 2-3 inches, maybe 4, in the center of the bilge. I should have measured it, but I didn't.... I purchased the boat September 28. Dealer and I did what they call a "walk around" and the bilge/livewells were dry. I took the boat home and put it in the garage. Two days later I took it out for the first time and put it in the water. After bringing it home from the lake Saturday, I put it back in the garage while I worked on trolling motor (this was when I discovered crossed wiring). Bilge & livewells drained on the ride home. After fixing trolling motor, I took it to the river and tried to make the best of a bad day. After getting out, there was again water in the bilge. There wasn't as much, possibly because I didn't stay out as long as I did that morning, but water was present. Also, I only idled when in the river. Never got on the throttle.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smp005 View Post
    I just sent an inquiry to a dealer about a new TX21 today. Then I saw this thread.... Not getting a warm fuzzy at all.
    this thread? Have you not read the dozen others?

13. Member
    I was worried after I bought mine. I have had it a full year now and I have to say it has been a awesome boat. I have not had any issues at all. The Triton 20trx has a great ride, is a very stable fishing platform, drives easy and tows well.
    If I could change anything it would be speed. It is slow compared to the other boats I've owned. I wish they would find a hull to stick with that is somewhere between the trx and the xHP or just go back to the xhp. I have never owned one but it is a highly sought after hull and everybody that owned one praise them and wish they would have kept them. I hear rumors that they might bring it back. Anyway my Triton is a very good fishing platform overall.

I get a lill water in my boat too. Maybe the same as urs an inch or two. I have yet had a boat that did not get water in the bilge. I know the ice box drains in the bilge. Anyway the amount of water that gets in my bilge is not enough to pump out.

The whole backwards wiring .... well there is no excuse for that what so ever.
    Last edited by Tim W; 10-03-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

15. Banned
    yeah I always get a little water in my bilge. Swamp the rear deck by accident, some might come in the rigging tube, a little here, a little there. It adds up to an inch or two by the end of the day. Not enough for the bilge pump to even pick up.

16. Vince
    Took boat to dealer today after work. Manager seemed quite upset with the riggers about the wiring issue. As for the water, he said it’s normal (as y’all basically did) to get a little in the bilge, but he’s going to have all the connections checked. I was very angry at first, mainly due to a ruined fishing trip, but I trust the dealer will do what’s right.

17. Member
    Look on the bright side it was only your trolling motor that was backwards. As I reported quite sometime ago my whole POS (2015 189trx)was wired backwards including the circuit panel.

18. Member
    I have a 2017 20 TRX patriot only had it a couple months .. Mine has been dry as a bone .. Did you check any live well intakes or drain plug to make shure they were siliconed... Or nuts are tight . Good luck

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

19. Member
    One comment here. It is NOT NORMAL to get water in the bilge unless YOU put it there. Backwash over the splash well. Ice in the ice chest with no plug in hole. Rain or water over the bow (the latter would be considered water YOU put there of course). On a fair day (no rain) bilge should be dry after fishing all day. Fiberglass doesn't naturally allow water to permeate to the inside of the hull. A dealer that says "A little water is normal" is about as dishonest as they come. Now if they are saying they can't properly seal the thru-hull fittings and water gains ingress that way, I'd buy it, but I would also be finding a new dealer that CAN waterproof those points (fittings, motor/jackplate mounting bolts, etc.)

This "water getting in is normal" is really a lot of nonsense.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

20. BBC SPONSOR
    My 2015 20 trx I've had since Nov 2015 is dry as a bone. Unless like stated above I'm fishing in the rain or put ice in the ice chest.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast