Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    I know a guy that just bought a 621 Ranger and he had issues with his as far as fiberglass shavings and excess foam that they never cleaned up and they even left one of the bilge pumps just laying in the transom unsecured. After all that he still loves his boat. I guess you're going to see some issues with all manufacturers if you look hard enough not just with Triton. I'm hoping for the best and I will definitely look this boat over. Thanks
    All manufacturers will have issues, it is how the manufacturers deal with the customer after the purchase when issues are found that is the difference maker, and that is where Triton seems to struggle by reading some of the posts and threads on here.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Love my Triton
    Awesome!!! That's the way it's supposed to be when you spend $30,40,50K or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tysdad View Post
    All manufacturers will have issues, it is how the manufacturers deal with the customer after the purchase when issues are found that is the difference maker, and that is where Triton seems to struggle by reading some of the posts and threads on here.
    I had just the opposite. They took care of my issues with no questions asked

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

4. BBC SPONSOR

The few issues I've had they've took care of..

5. BBC SPONSOR

The few issues I've had they've took care of..

6. Member
    Funny part is I dont think I have talked to a single Triton owner that has these issues at the ramps when I am fishing. We have a ton of Tritons up here in NY. All manufacturers have issues, I had a laundry lists of issues on my Ranger before I got my Triton, but it wouldnt make me not consider another Ranger. Shit happens with them all, no brand is without it's issues. But guys that are no longer interested in buying a Triton because of a few threads is a little crazy. I agree though that for the prices we pay, there should not be any issues. Three Triton owners live on my road alone, all love their boats. I also have a quality dealer that stands behind it's product.

7. Member
    Funny part is I dont think I have talked to a single Triton owner that has these issues at the ramps when I am fishing. We have a ton of Tritons up here in NY. All manufacturers have issues, I had a laundry lists of issues on my Ranger before I got my Triton, but it wouldnt make me not consider another Ranger. Shit happens with them all, no brand is without it's issues. But guys that are no longer interested in buying a Triton because of a few threads is a little crazy. I agree though that for the prices we pay, there should not be any issues. Three Triton owners live on my road alone, all love their boats. I also have a quality dealer that stands behind it's product.

My dealer and Triton have been outstanding to me. I had two very minor issues with my '14 Triton that Marty and my dealer immediately resolved. Having a good dealership is helpful in being the customers advocate. We all feel bad for people who have had quality problems on their new boat regardless of manufacturer. I hope everything turns out well for the OP.

This is one reason I like dealing with local boat dealerships. Over the years they become freinds and go out of their way to help their customers. The Customer relationship doesn't end when the new boat leaves their lot. I have owned two Triton's and both are great boats.

I sincerely hope everything works out.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

8. Member
    MetsFan and Chautauquanuy are right on the money. I feel like I can't even participate in this discussion because my Triton is one of the best products "of any kind" I have owned. My opinion of course. I also echo MetsFan's point that here in NY all you see at the ramp are Tritons even though there are no Triton dealers in New York. Our lakes are giant in size and there are tons of them. Triton's reputation of being the best big water bass boat has obviously been voted on by the number of owners we have. You can't fake that! Show up at the ramp and count them. I also question why people come to a site of Trition lovers and bash the brand. I have highlighted the tactic to others as an example of how to kill a brand. Go to a site were people view specific products they want to buy and see if the owners are unhappy. This is the perfect site for this practice because all the bass boat companies are represented here in an "Impartial" way. People come in and bash the brand and then keep coming back even though they hate the brand? The views and online numbers continue to erode as evidence that the tactic works. Yes this tactic will be further developed in a seminar!

9. Banned
    As a boat shopper I am glad to see all of the satisfied owners. After all, satisfied owners have no incentive to come on discussion boards and say how satisfied they are with their product, while a majority of disgruntled owners have plenty of reasons to air their grievances against the company. The "did I get a lemon" thread is horrifying and unfortunately to a boat shopper it does speak volumes.

10. Member
    Have you ever heard of any boat builder replacing over 200 boats?
    most would just file bankruptcy and start using another name.
    Triton stepped up and did the right thing , I'm on my 3rd triton and have never had a issue but again I have a good local dealer that has gone above and beyond.
    theres a reason that some boat companies don't have a very wide or good dealer network they will sell boats and parts direct to the customer and cut out a dealer .

11. Banned
    I find it no difference than a vehicle IMO. I had a new GMC Denali diesel about three years ago, before it had 10k on it, it had three transmissions, new motor and two computers and it was still giving me hell and for some odd reason the Lemon law didn't apply and I didn't push for it. Got rid of the damn thing and went to Ford and never looked back. Did I get on a GM forum and bash them? Hell no, when asked I may tell what happened but I don't beat it in the ground like some. All manufacturers have issues, I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. Triton had issues with the 21trx and built new boats like they should have, does this take time to get everyone accommodated? Yes it does. I agree with some of the issue that I have read about sucks but I'm not sure if the whole story is being told and damn sure don't know by only hearing one side. I'd like to know tritons side of the story and then I'd make a personal assessment of whether I'd deal with them again. I've had five new Tritons since '11 only had a couple small issue that my dealer and triton handled with no issue at all and one was a mistake that Triton fessed up too after seeing one picture, they never batted an eye for handling it.

I live in the middle of Skeeter country and have several friends that have had them and heard the same horror stories as the ones on these boards. Live wells busting, gel coat cracks, wired wrong, trailers falling apart etc. the list goes on they got rid of them and went to other boats, two in particular went to Triton and never looked back. When I loaded up my boat today at the ramp I counted boat manufacturers in the parking lot. Out of 23 bass boats, 14 tritons, 3 skeeters, 2 champions and the rest were various other brands and at the Marina there were 2 more Tritons and a new Ranger. I hope the guys on here that are having issues have the best of luck with whatever is going on.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    Have you ever heard of any boat builder replacing over 200 boats?
    most would just file bankruptcy and start using another name.
    Triton stepped up and did the right thing , I'm on my 3rd triton and have never had a issue but again I have a good local dealer that has gone above and beyond.
    theres a reason that some boat companies don't have a very wide or good dealer network they will sell boats and parts direct to the customer and cut out a dealer .
    In all fairness they had to replace those boats as it was a safety issue/recall. Let a some of them come apart and people get injured/die and the parent company as a whole would go under. They had no choice.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

13. Member
    Cannot say I disagree Shef.... I was scratching my head as well when people applauded Triton for replacing boats that they knew could potentially cause harm to someone. They did not do this out of the goodness of their heart, they did this to prevent being sued and risking someone getting hurt. Ultimately that cost would have been far more great than replacing the boats. Yes, I think it was awesome they stood behind their product, but lets be honest, THEY SHOULD. If Triton can't then really who would. I am a huge Triton fan, and plan to buy more boats from Triton down the road. But really that replacement program, that was because they had to do it. One failure and the company would be under a huge risk.

14. Member
    Hey guys thanks for the issues.. Have a to check mine out when I get it here in a couple weeks. I have 2012 18 se with. 175 optimax, never had any issues with this boat . Another week or so I'm picking up my new 2017 20 TRX Patriot , have to look it over ..
    There is a NEW Triton dear in Homer , NY , Forest Fisheries ... Just 26 miles south of Syracuse off Rt 81 3 mile off exit
    Ed is the owner please ask for , tell him I sent you ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

15. Member
    I'm picking up my '17 20 TRX Patriot either Thursday or Friday. It looked great when I looked it over the other day. I'll look it over again when I take delivery. Hope it works out fine. Never owned a Triton but always liked them.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samluke36 View Post
    MetsFan and Chautauquanuy are right on the money. I feel like I can't even participate in this discussion because my Triton is one of the best products "of any kind" I have owned. My opinion of course. I also echo MetsFan's point that here in NY all you see at the ramp are Tritons even though there are no Triton dealers in New York. Our lakes are giant in size and there are tons of them. Triton's reputation of being the best big water bass boat has obviously been voted on by the number of owners we have. You can't fake that! Show up at the ramp and count them. I also question why people come to a site of Trition lovers and bash the brand. I have highlighted the tactic to others as an example of how to kill a brand. Go to a site were people view specific products they want to buy and see if the owners are unhappy. This is the perfect site for this practice because all the bass boat companies are represented here in an "Impartial" way. People come in and bash the brand and then keep coming back even though they hate the brand? The views and online numbers continue to erode as evidence that the tactic works. Yes this tactic will be further developed in a seminar!

There is a new Triton dealership in Homer, NY... Forest Fisheries.

17. Member
    i just boat a new triton and the first time I put boat it water it leaked water . This means triton did not even check boat in the water before they shipped it what a piece of Sh#t

18. Vince
    I bought a new Triton yesterday and am taking it to the lake tomorrow morning for the first time. S**t, I'm worried now...
    2018 Triton 179 TRX w/Mercury ProXS 115 Fourstroke Command Thrust

Dont be worried. Take it out have a good time. Let us know how it goes

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

20. Vince
    I'm going to try, lol, and I'll let y'all know
    2018 Triton 179 TRX w/Mercury ProXS 115 Fourstroke Command Thrust

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast