HD dealer MX and ECM

Have two warranty items to get accomplished and in need of the 5K mx on the trike.. So figured I would have the local HD store perform its 5K mx. After the breakin period I changed out the OEM ECM to a ThunderMax. Pretty sure the HD dealer can't hook up the the thunderMax so should I switch it back even though there's been no data since the breakin period?
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Some dealers, those who sell/use the T-Max system, have the software to read the T-Max ecm but there is nothing really stored in there other than the EFI programming.

What "warranty" issues are you talking about? Anything warranty items that has to do with the EFI system will likely be charged to you due to the T-Max voiding your warranty if it is installed on the bike when you take it in. Anything else should be ok. This is a touchy area for customers.

Be careful when switching out the T-Max. Make sure you pull the ECM fuse before you disconnect the battery or the T-Max may lose its programming. Then you have to have it reinstalled or retuned. One of the nice "features" of the T-Max setup. Happens most of the time when a customer replaces their battery.

Also, if you ever go on the road (cross country) make sure you pack your stock ECM and take it with you. The diagnostic computers that dealers have cannot read the T-Max and Zippers wasn't smart enough to include all the diagnostic trouble codes in their programming. If there is a sensor failure or some other problem the stock ECM would need to be reinstalled before diagnostics could be performed. And if the T-Max fails or locks up (which happens) you would be able to reinstall your stock ECM and get back home or to a shop.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

PM sent ... Thanks! Dave