Banned

Opinions on a Sweetwater pontoon...

Lookin' at a 2016 Sweetwater 2286 DL pontoon with lift strakes powered by a Mercury 115 Command Thrust. I'd like to be able to pull a skier, is the 115 Mercury 4 Stroke gonna have enough power? Overall thought on quality, craftsmanship... So many options, so many choices... Dan

2. Banned
    I assume you're looking at the Sport Package with 25" toons. The problem with twin tube pontoons is when you make sharp turns pulling tubers and skiers. The outside toon will dig into the water deep and speeds drop dramatically until you straighten out. My old Starcraft pontoon with 115 hp 2 stroke just handled like a pig.

The current trend is to go with a tritoon with lifting strakes. And 150 hp 4 strokes are the preferred powerplant as there's just so much difference between 115 and 150 hp. With 3 toons and under deck aluminum sheeting, the boats are very, very seaworthy. Getting those nosecones out of the water is how they gain another 10 mph and run so efficiently.

I do like the seating design on the Sweetwater 2286DL, as it's the same as my Bennington 24SSLX but a little shorter. With a F150 Yamaha, I'm seeing 40 mph @ 6000 rpm's. The Mercury 150 FourStroke has about the same performance.

3. Member
    I have a Sweetwater 2086 and quality and way it was built is what made the decision for me its a well built boat.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

4. Banned
    Thanks guys... I'm about to find out for myself... Wish us luck... Dan

5. Member
    Well, I'm late on this post but, Sylvan RPT works great for me! I like the "lift" the RPT hull provides. The V-shaped toons plane quick. Sylvan RPT 2.0...

I have a 20 footer and it's nice. The 115HP Yamaha Vmax pushed it at 37mph on GPS.