Thread: Striker 7sv

Striker 7sv

Anybody on here have the striker 7sv? Of so,
    whats your thoughts on this unit ? I don't need mapping!

2. Member
    also interested
    I can do all things In Christ.

3. Member
    also interested
    MCCOYTR

2002 Ranger 205
    Yamaha 225 V-MAX

4. Member
    I've used the Striker 7sv, echoMAP CHIRP 93sv and 7610xsv. You already know that there are major price differences. $499, $1199, $2699. Is the Striker as good as the echoMAP 93 or the 7610 - No. The major companies seem to focus their offerings at three price points and Garmin is competing on all three levels. For what you would spend it is a terrific unit. It's not expandable, can't do Panoptix and as you mentioned there's no mapping. I think you'll be happy with the 2d and DownVu. If you fish water that is less then about 60 ft, you'll be happy with the SideVu. It's a personal thing but generally, regardless of brand I don't consider a 7" screen big enough for the SideVu in deeper water and trying to look at longer distances. Simple math. SideVu is pretty much to scale. When you are looking 100 ft to each side on a small screen the fish is reduced to a dot. Any way you cut it the Striker 7sv is a bargain. It comes with the GT52 transducer which is all chirp. Not enough is said about the high quality of the Garmin chirp transducer line. It doesn't matter how good a unit you have with a low quality transducer. When you take into account the transducer there is really nothing else out there that is competitive.

Just to confirm, the Striker 7SV comes with the transducer one will need if you buy an Echomap Chirp SV unit?

Now I am thinking of buying Striker 7SV for the end of this season and then buying Echomap Chirp 92SV without transducer. Will that work?

6. Member
    Both come with the GT52HW-TM transducer. I base that on the Garmin website. Click on the tab "In the box" to see how they are packaged.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-t...rod528825.html

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod529891.html

7. Member
    I bought the Striker unit based on price and info from the salesperson who as it turns out was less than informed as was I at the time. I like the unit but thought it came with lake maps. Doesn't. However things seem to always work out. I've put it on the front deck and use it when I'm on the trolling motor. What was a bad investment for me for what I was needing has turned into a great investment. Really clear picture w/ good definition and details. Still need to purchase another unit. Great country America.

8. Member
    are we talking about the new Striker Plus or older Striker Chirp?

i had a last generation chirp striker 7sv and it made surprisingly nice down and side images.