Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks !

Sometimes you have to try different props before finding "the one". You shouldn't give up on the boat just because it doesn't run well straight from the factory/dealer. I usually try 6-8 different props before narrowing it down and only keeping 2-3. I always keep one for tournament loads, and one for light loads. Sometimes I'll keep a third if it makes my boat do something special.

I think you should try a 25 Tempest. The Fury is more of a bow-lifter. It's fast, but it doesn't carry heavy loads as well as the Tempest. There is no need to spend $500-$600 on a new prop that won't run well out of the box. Your best bet is to buy a used 25 Tempest off the Props for Sale board here on BBC, and send it to Mark C.

No factory prop is going to run well out of the box, so there is no need to buy a brand new prop. You can buy a used prop here, send it to Mark, and spend about the same as you would on a new prop. The Croxtonized prop will out-perform any new prop, and look better doing it.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Quote Originally Posted by utinator View Post
    Sometimes you have to try different props before finding "the one". You shouldn't give up on the boat just because it doesn't run well straight from the factory/dealer. I usually try 6-8 different props before narrowing it down and only keeping 2-3. I always keep one for tournament loads, and one for light loads. Sometimes I'll keep a third if it makes my boat do something special.

I think you should try a 25 Tempest. The Fury is more of a bow-lifter. It's fast, but it doesn't carry heavy loads as well as the Tempest. There is no need to spend $500-$600 on a new prop that won't run well out of the box. Your best bet is to buy a used 25 Tempest off the Props for Sale board here on BBC, and send it to Mark C.

No factory prop is going to run well out of the box, so there is no need to buy a brand new prop. You can buy a used prop here, send it to Mark, and spend about the same as you would on a new prop. The Croxtonized prop will out-perform any new prop, and look better doing it.
    I agree 100% out of my group we have owned over 10 legends and not one of them performed the same. One 211 liked a 26 tempest, one a 25 tempest, one a 24 fury, one a 25 fury and one a 26 fury. The 25 tempest was the most consistent among the props. Fury is a screamer until it gets hot then it dies.

4. Member
    I know you all seem to be against buying a certificate and in some cases I agree. But, if you can find one that was won through Anglers Choice or Legend of Lake Fork it is a much better deal. Information can be found here at this link: http://legendmarine.com/prizeboats

Basically wanted to draw attention to this statement here:
    **WINNERS OF CERTIFICATES AWARDED AT THE 2016 LEGEND OF LAKE FORK EVENT and 2016 ANGLERS CHOICE TOURNAMENT TRAIL CHAMPIONSHIP ON GUNTERSVILLE:
    Your Certificates are valid for standard production Alpha 191 models, and are not subject to the prize-boat fees and options listed below.**
    Mark O'Brien

2011 Ranger Z520
    2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke

5. Member
    edw, my suggestion is that you get the Merc checked for a power loss. I had a similar situation to your story with my 2008 211 running the 250XS. I was having problems out of the hole yet I could get a top end of 71 running with a full load. I kept changing props going from a Trophy 27 down to a Tempest 25 and then to a Fury 25. The lower pitch helped, but still did not get me what I thought I should have with the rig. Finally after playing with it for almost a year one day I could only get it on plane with my partner moving to the front. At this point, I decided I must have a power problem. The Mercury tech confirmed that I had a poor performing injector on one cylinder. According to him, after hearing my story, he felt that the injector was a problem from the start and had just slowly gotten worse. With the new injector my problem was fixed. I have had six bass boats during my lifetime. Nothing compares to my Legend, and I have Ranger and Skeeter friends who agree.

6. Member
    Gentlemen, Thank you for all of your advise! I have tried numerous things...without much prevail...Legend won't help either..The bow hook is just too much for me...the boat scares my wife to death....Its sold and a new 2016 Skeeter ZX225 is in possession now. The hole shot is that of a rocket ship...it's very much more dry when shutting down...it does a u turn at 55 mph in a heart beat and is great in rough water..my wife can drive this one with ease and loves it too....sorry to say good bye...the looks and originality of the Legend are unmatched in the industry..that is a fact..but it is a fact that I can live without. Please keep in mind also that the boat cost me over 2 thousand dollars in repairs in the six months that I had it...and forgive me for leaving the family. The very best to all of you that tried to help out!

well i see you sold it so this is kinda late but I had a charger that would hook going over wakes sometimes. Very sluggish outta the hole. I added a manual Jackplate and started tweaking. It was way too low in the water. Once I raised the engine a couple inches it ran like butter and would have a nice glide going through the corners. And hole shot was almost halved

8. Member
    It had a hydraulic jack plate on it! It made no noticeable difference out of the hole or any where else for that matter..and I know how to run boats too..driven several in my day over 85mph...but thanks...

9. Member
    Hi guys, this sight looks like there has been little activity latley but figured id give it a shot and see if i could get any responses back. Picked up a alpha 211 3 years ago and really like the fury prop but the boat starts walking at 68 amd at 72 it even worse. Trying to figure out what is wrong cause i see alot of you guys are running the same 26 fury. I have messed with weight distribution with nothing in boat me loaded down 2 guys nothing in bot two guys loaded and boat still walks between 68 and 72. Need help if anyone is out there. Thanks guys

10. Member
    I run a alpha 211 also with a merc 250 xs 2 stroke.
    After my prop was worked by Mr Gilbert the walking at 71 almost went away.
    i did raise my motor from 3 1/2” to 2 3/4” prop to pad.

11. Member
    25 fury 4 performed best on my old 211 with 250 two stroke XS. Performs much different than the FURY 3 25 OR THE 26. When I say different I mean better in every measure except top end speed which wasn’t much less. Bravo 1 FS
    would be a good choice in 26. I repowered recently with 250 four stroke XS. Didn’t like the 24 Fury 3 switched to a 24 Fury 4 and getting great everything and only lost 1/2 mph top end. Next change will be to a Bravo 1 FS 25 or 25.5 and May be near perfect.

12. Member
    I run my Alpha 211 with the Fury 25 about 3" P to P when its cold its great when its hot I switch to a Tempest 25 the Tempest seems to be a lot more stable in turns especially at higher speeds without trimming down as much and on top end loses about 1mph (which I am perfectly fine withe trade off) I still run the Fury when its cooler and when I fish singles tourneys (not sure why just better in my head I guess)
    For Big bass tournaments like Seally and Megabass where I fish with 3 people in the boat an entire tackle shop and food/drinks for 3days I run a Fury 4 Blade 24 Im roughly 300lbs over the Max weight (I know its bad) for the boat like this and the 3 Blades wont get the boat up and out the 4 Blade does just fine and will run about 65mph loaded this way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12