Thread: getting loose

getting loose

I have a 99 2000 Intimidator with a 200 optimax turning a 26 tempesst plus prop when I get to about 5500 RPMs the rear of the boat feels like is takes a slide to the left. Im not sure what is happening when this happens, so I just back out of it. I Dont want to blow out if that is what it is trying to do. its usually around the 73-74 mph range. I have tried trimming down a bump or two but it still does it. I also noticed it is worse on slick water. Has anyone experienced this before?
    Please Lord, let this fish stay on!!

2. Member
    Check your livewell plugs. I know my 2100 acts funny when i forget to put the plugs in it.
    May not be that but something easy to check.
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

3. Member
    My 02 Intimidator does that as well, feels as though the boat suddenly slips around back there. I never have figured it out and just drive through it because its over as quick as it starts. I get a weird look every now and then from the non boater.

4. Member
    I run a 27 Tempest on my 02 Intimidator and it gets loose also.

5. Member
    Not sure but due to fact 3 bladed prop it can't run as high as 4 blade that will always have 1 blade in water.

6. Member
    The flare on the Tempest can cause this at times but on my 2100 it is usually at higher speeds in the 80's. Also prop may be to low in the water. You will need to run it as high as you can without loosing Water Pressure.
    2001 GAMBLER 2100 W/2010 250XS

1995 GAMBLER INTIMIDATOR

Thanks guys for the imput, for you guys turning a 4 blade which brand is best for the 2000 Intimidator. I have a Trophy plus but it is the wrong pitch. Im going to sell it and buy something different.
    Please Lord, let this fish stay on!!

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by treehanger View Post
    Thanks guys for the imput, for you guys turning a 4 blade which brand is best for the 2000 Intimidator. I have a Trophy plus but it is the wrong pitch. Im going to sell it and buy something different.

if you can prop it where it doesn't allow you to be all over the limiter. I like to be around 1-200 rpms off my limited. So I try to prop for 61-6200 rpms max.

9. Member
    My tempest does that as well, it gets loose even at low speeds but at low speeds I'm also burying the prop if that has any affect. Never could find an explanation behind why my boat does it, just kinda kicks out slightly while underway.

10. Member
    I have a 1999 intimidator 2000 also. But I'm running a 3.0 liter 225 efi. I found the trophy is hard to beat on that hull. Some guys are running hydromotive or powertec props. I think the 3 bladed props can give to much stern lift at times. Most of the 3 bladed props are designed to run deep. (Which can cause handling issues on gamblers) I'm running the newer 27p trophy and haven't have any issues. Hope this helps