Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos H View Post
    way to get the rig to fit your fishing style!!!
    Yes it is Carlos.

2. Member
    Love it, looks great. Please post your "numbers" when you get her dialled in.

3. Member
    Hi Guys, some of you asked that I let you know as I get my set up dialed in. Without you having to go back and read the whole thread here's what I have 2016 Z-175 bye the way after 7 or 8 months love fishing out of! Because I fish from this boat on limited horse power lakes permitting 25 horse or less motors I have a 25 HP evinrude e-tec with a manual jack plate. The hull is inherent stern heavy and that's not a bad thing if you're powering this hull with higher horse power.
    Out of the box it would run 8.5-8.8 mph. with the alum prop we'd turn 5,200 rpm
    Allot was trail & error because needless to say no one had had experience with this combo. I was lucky each adjustment was an improvement.
    Here's what we tried
    Lower pitch alum prop
    Then Solas SS propeller
    Jack Plate skidder added
    Power Tech SRA 3 blade 10 X 11 SS prop
    Chris Bailey's beautiful cavitation plate foil installed (Chris had not worked with one this small before)
    Cup added to Power Tec and dropped pitch 1 inch by Mark Croxton ( That baby looked great with the cup added)
    These changes and weight added to the bow of the boat would allow the hull to plane at 12 mph and would run 12-12.5 mph on slick water but heavy chop would knock it down to 9-9.5.
    At this point we (Dan Blubaum) removed the jack plate and I put on a 4-blade Power Tech SRA-4 from Croxton. Removing the Jack changed the center of gravity or balance point and the Power Tech gave some much needed lift to the stern that we needed!!
    With the 4 blade and Bailey foil I can run 14+ in ruff seas and 15.4-15.6@5,600-5,700! Think about that we've gained from 8.5-8.8 to over 15 mph---that's huge!! Dang near doubled our speed and we did it with propping, Bailey's foil and balance!
    The boat is sensitive to weight bow to stern and side to side and it's as important to this hull with low horse power as it is an Allison, Stroker, Norriscraft, Bullet etc. I'm not comparing my hull to any of these other than the weight sensitive and balance for best running.
    It does best and runs cleanest with me in the middle of the seats.
    Thanks to Rodney Tidwell, Roger Rose, Jared Allgood at Power Tech propellers, Chris Bailey, Mark Croxton and my fishin' buddy Dan Blubaum for there help an input----it's got me thinking now---could I swing another 1/2 inch or inch in pitch? Probably best if I quit while I'm ahead LOL!!
    Thanks guys!
    Mark

4. RIP -April 30,2023
    Excellent Mark! and yes, its prolly best you quite while your ahead but.....if anything like me, you wont! lol

Congrats on a nice rig sir.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

Congrats! That is a fine looking boat. Love the colors.

7. Member
    Not a huge Ranger fan but this is SO COOL!!!!! That's living the life on a limited-horsepower lake for sure!!!

8. Member
    That's awesome. I never would have guessed you would gain that much. Great work by everyone involved.
    2002 518 DVX

9. Member
    Glade to help you out Mark and even more glade to call you my friend. You have done a GREAT job in working with your boat and getting the absolute max out of it, thumbs up for you buddy.

Congrats on the new ride!
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

Very nice!

12. Banned
    I love you new boat and you did awesome on the set-up

13. Member
    Rodney, Chris and all thank you for the kind words! We all learn from the experts on this forum everyday! I appreciate you all being here!

14. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar
    Colors are excellent!

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12