Thread: Fishing reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Fishing reports

I thought I would start a thread in which we could post our fishing reports from all of our trips and folks could read it to see if the lake they are going to has an update. Its been pretty quiet in here so Im hoping that means alot of you have reports for us :)

My most recent is:
    Saturday June 25th
    Sooner Lake
    Water temp on cool side 81, hot side 84 to 90 depending on proximity to plant discharge.
    Fishing sure slow, caught two stripers early on Bass Assassin albino shad flukes on 1/4 oz jig heads casting and swimming them back slowly. Also lost one at the boat on the same lure. We caught them in the inlet channel to the plant casting out to the middle and reeling back in. Also trolled that channel using shad colored crank baits with no success. Fished for black bass after it got hot in the grass closer to the west ramp and had no luck, I could see a few swimming around but they were not interested in senkos, tx rigs or swim blades.

Thanks guys and happy 4th of July weekend!

2. Member
    I was on Hudson June 25th preparing for a tournament in a couple of weeks. The tournament will have a 3 fish limit. So I only took the weight of my best 3 and it came to be 7 and 1/2 pounds. Had 6 keepers total and big bass was only 3 and 1/4 pounds.

Y'all be safe if you make it to a lake this weekend. This is one of the three weekends I don't take the boat out. Happy fourth! Live Free and Fish Hard!

3. Member
    We've been on Hudson (top end) the last three evenings, seems like it's "hit/miss" but definitely better when there's some current in teh river. Caught more fish on main points, not much activity in the coves right now.

4. Member
    We fished Spavinaw this morning. Got on the water around 6:30 and fished till about 10am. Only caught four fish, nothin much bigger than 2lbs. Water temps was in the low 80's, no wind.

There was a gentleman that was fishing near the ramp & said he'd already caught several bass on frogs, but that pretty much shut down by the time we got on the water.

Didn't take long b/f the heat drove us off the lake.

5. Member
    Fished for crappie yesterday with my wife and 2 year old. Got about 10 casts before a storm came in in the top end of gibson and ran us off. Lol... But I had 2 bites on brush 12 to 15 that I just missed on. Planning on trying again Tuesday if possible.

6. Member
    Ft Gibson
    July 4th
    water temp 84. Fished the north end of the lake for bass. Caught a decent fish on a shad colored crank bait up shallow. Several more small bass on cranks shallow. A few decent fish on some humps on tx rigged plastics and smaller jigs. One good fish off of a shady dock as well. I think we caught 10 bass total from 630am till 1pm. Also a few whopper drum. Lol

7. Member
    Ft Gibson
    July 3rd
    Ran up river to avoid the hoards, fishing around the Mazie Landing area bass were schooling busting shad everywhere and the feeding activity seemed to increase as the current increased. We caught over 30 keepers between 2 - 4 lbs in the afternoon right before the storms rolled through.

Under the "Fishing Forum" on this board you will see a section for "Fishing Reports by State". For some reason this part of the board has has little to no activity. It makes no difference to me where you post, but I am gratified when I see someone share their fishing experience. Many of our members have kids and grandkids, and only fish for recreation. We also probably have members from other states coming to Oklahoma on vacation who would benefit from a little guidance on the lake they will be fishing.

In here, or over there makes no difference to me, but I hope all of you will consider sharing your experiences with us.
    sooner fish
    1977 Ranger 175-A ~ Mercury 1500

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits." ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar for 1894

9. Member
    Sorry Sooner Fish if I posted in the wrong spot, I posted here because this is the only place we have any activity and it can be pretty slow for sure. I fish with my kids alot, I want to fish alot of different lakes too and this group being alot of like minded anglers can help each other enjoy the passion we share that much more. Every time I fish I will share my results with you all, fail or succeed :) Mostly failure but its still fun and its why I keep chasing them. Oh yeah and I dont just chase green fish so I hope that doesnt bother yall but when fishing with kids I just like to catch fish, so do they :) Yall have a wonderful rest of the week!
    Danny

Absolutely no reason to be sorry....you post any place you want. You are right, there is more activity here.

Thank you for sharing, and good luck!
    sooner fish
    1977 Ranger 175-A ~ Mercury 1500

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits." ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar for 1894

11. Member
    Sooner Lake, July 4th:

White perch super packed and hungry north of the power plant about 10-15' down in huge bait clouds. Similar for smaller white bass and hybrids on the point southeast of the plant. Trolling with crank baits pulling inline spinners. Could have caught a lot more white perch, but was getting tired of reeling them in. Only caught one undersized saugeye.
    Boatless again but looking forward to Spring

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shemstreet View Post
    Sooner Lake, July 4th:

White perch super packed and hungry north of the power plant about 10-15' down in huge bait clouds. Similar for smaller white bass and hybrids on the point southeast of the plant. Trolling with crank baits pulling inline spinners. Could have caught a lot more white perch, but was getting tired of reeling them in. Only caught one undersized saugeye.
    WTH is a white perch?

13. Member
    Ive never caught one G4 but I head they are a big bait fish in Sooner that the big hybrids and stripers like. They look like a sand bass to me.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_perch

Fished Lake Elmer up by Kingfisher, Fished about 4 hours till dark, caught 15 LMB. My son caught 3 LMB, 2 of his came on a shaky head (Big Bite Squirrel Tail) and all of mine and one of his came on a drop shot (Jackall Clone Fry/Silver Shad)

None were any big (12" to 14") but we got lots of bites and was close to home. We got almost all the bites flipping the drop shot and shakey heads around the submerged trees/cover around the dam south end, went up to the bridge and fished cover back but didn't get a bump till we got back closer to the dam.

Should be a real nice lake in a few years once they grow up.

15. Member
    Saturday July 9th
    okmulgee lake
    water temp 82-85
    Started at 530am to beat the heat and enjoy the top water bite. Well we beat the heat but didn't catch a single fish on top. We did catch about 25 largemouth fishing the grass that lines basically the entire lake. Most coming on tx rigged baby brush hog in blue fleck color. We caught a few on rattle traps and cranks also but they were all dinks. We had 3 around 4 pounds and numerous healthy 2 pounders. I did catch a fat pig of a bass that had a turtle in its gullet and still gulped my brush hog. First time on that lake and I loved it, very pretty and no one seems to fish it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    Saturday July 9th
    okmulgee lake
    water temp 82-85
    Started at 530am to beat the heat and enjoy the top water bite. Well we beat the heat but didn't catch a single fish on top. We did catch about 25 largemouth fishing the grass that lines basically the entire lake. Most coming on tx rigged baby brush hog in blue fleck color. We caught a few on rattle traps and cranks also but they were all dinks. We had 3 around 4 pounds and numerous healthy 2 pounders. I did catch a fat pig of a bass that had a turtle in its gullet and still gulped my brush hog. First time on that lake and I loved it, very pretty and no one seems to fish it.
    There's plenty of guy's fishin that lake, just don't alway's have the same success you guy's had. Good report..

On LETRA today, down at Ft. Sill. Started out in shallow grass, but nothing til I reached deeper grass. Ended up with about a dozen; biggest went 3. Locked on main points and learned the patience game. Fished from sun-up til 1. Started with frog, then floating worm, but nothing til the white Texas rigged lizards (deep).
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

18. Member
    Liberty Lake
    Saturday 7-16-16
    6:00am-10:00am
    Water Temp: 82 and Stained
    Started fishing top water at main lake point with no results. Fish were feeding all around but I could not produce anything on top. Liberty lake has a lot of flooded brush from the drought years so I decided to fish that. Fished rattle traps and jerk baits with no results. Switched to tossing weightless texas rigged senkos and started getting bites. Still seemed a little few and far between. Switched to weightless wacky style senkos around 8 am and started getting some action in the flooded brush around points. Ended up getting 3 into the boat. Lost the 4th one at the edge of the boat. Biggest was 16" and the smallest was 13". I didn't have a scale but all were very healthy looking fish. Producing senko colors were watermelon/red flake and bubble gum. I feel that I could have got more but I had to get off the water to take my daughter to swim lessons. Still a lot of fun to get out and fish.
    1985 Ranger 373V
    2018 Ranger RT198P *SOLD*
    2019 Ranger Z521C

19. Member
    Murray
    Saturday 7.16.16
    What a nightmare. Due to construction and traffic on I-35 it took me 3.5 hours to get there from OKC so I was late unloading had about an hour of uninterrupted fishing before the jetskis and wakeboard boats ran me off the main lake, all the fish were in 20-25' suspended about 2' off the bottom, caught some on a carolina rig with a long leader - most didn't seem to be relating to the grass at all, I scanned one patch of deep grass that has a few fish in it so I threw a swimbait in it and immediately got hit but didn't hook up, then hit again and again all the way back to the boat, when my swimbait was close enough to see, there was a school of 12"-16" largemouth trying to take it away from each other, there were probably 10 of them it was pretty cool to see. In the very back of a creek there were bluegill spawning with a few small largemouth hanging out watching them, they were eager to hit a bluegill colored swimjig thrown in there.

BTW if you are going to Murray on a weekend I recommend you get off the water by noon. Every Texan that owns a boat is there, the ramp is a fiasco and the parking situation is a joke and I am now a witness to a domestic violence case due to a husband and wife trying to load a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by possum kicker View Post
    Murray
    Saturday 7.16.16
    What a nightmare. Due to construction and traffic on I-35 it took me 3.5 hours to get there from OKC so I was late unloading had about an hour of uninterrupted fishing before the jetskis and wakeboard boats ran me off the main lake, all the fish were in 20-25' suspended about 2' off the bottom, caught some on a carolina rig with a long leader - most didn't seem to be relating to the grass at all, I scanned one patch of deep grass that has a few fish in it so I threw a swimbait in it and immediately got hit but didn't hook up, then hit again and again all the way back to the boat, when my swimbait was close enough to see, there was a school of 12"-16" largemouth trying to take it away from each other, there were probably 10 of them it was pretty cool to see. In the very back of a creek there were bluegill spawning with a few small largemouth hanging out watching them, they were eager to hit a bluegill colored swimjig thrown in there.

BTW if you are going to Murray on a weekend I recommend you get off the water by noon. Every Texan that owns a boat is there, the ramp is a fiasco and the parking situation is a joke and I am now a witness to a domestic violence case due to a husband and wife trying to load a boat.
    Dadgum, what a mess!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast