Best Boat Insurance Company

Any body have an opinion?

I have owned my current boat for 27 years. No insurance for the last 17. About to have a new boat and I am looking to insure for the unknown....

Thanks.

Buddy of mine is a broker and finds me the best deals. Always comes up progressive.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I will 2nd Progressive been with them since 2005. Bought a new boat in 22 and on my 3rd trip out hit something and lower unit needed replaced. Everything went very smooth and taken care of pretty quick.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

4. Member
    I have had Progressive on my boat since 2015. This summer I broke a chunk of the skeg off. No one in my area would even work on it. Four dealers told me that Progressive's adjuster was just too hard to work with and it cost them time and money trying to deal with Progressive. Expired 3/28/24. Had agent place with Auto Owners, which has the rest of my stuff and I know they handle claims painlessly. I would call the places in one's area and ask them who they had rather work with.

Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    I have had Progressive on my boat since 2015. This summer I broke a chunk of the skeg off. No one in my area would even work on it. Four dealers told me that Progressive's adjuster was just too hard to work with and it cost them time and money trying to deal with Progressive. Expired 3/28/24. Had agent place with Auto Owners, which has the rest of my stuff and I know they handle claims painlessly. I would call the places in one's area and ask them who they had rather work with.

How much were they gonna charge for skeg repair? Around here its $200-250 and looks good as new when done. Not even worth fooling with insurance claim.

6. Member
    Thanks for the input guys.

7. Member
    Brett I use farm bureau in m state. I moved to them for all services and reason was out of control prices at my 25+ year agency plus recommendations of contractors in my state at who is best to work with. Know idea how they will do with the boat. I've never had a boat claim in 30 years so no experience with anyone regarding a boat claim. Home, auto- yes, boat - no.

my only hope is the policies related to boat follow home and auto
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

8. Member
    Goosehead insurance. Broker for travelers here in Texas. Saved me 1500 dollars over State farm with better coverage.