2015 Basscat Jaguar with a Mercury 350 Verado Slow out of the hole and top end is 50

This boat had a 400r on her then it got changed to a 350, I bought her about a month ago.

2B202272 2015 Mercury 350 Verado

Have used the following--Fury 26p, Tempest 27p, Bravo XS 26p.

The boat just doesn't want to come up on pad.--(Not sure 50 is fast enough to get her on pad??)

Any idea's??

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    What RPM's is the engine turning at WOT? Water presssure at WOT?

It's very likely that you have an engine problem (or the setup is WAY off).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

When the boat takes off and I have the throttle at full, the prop will cavitate when the bow "breaks over", the RPM hits near 6300. I didn't check the water pressure.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    So you're not even getting on plane (at all)- just blowing out on holeshot?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

She blewout then gets on plane--I am pretty sure we got her fixed. Too much motor in the water.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad to hear it.

I can only speak from the 250 Verado Pro perspective. I run a Phoenix 921, and I believe I run about 2" ptp, maybe even 1.5". I run Bravo props, and that setup likes to run higher in general. More walk and just less performance the deeper the motor/prop.