Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AveryF View Post
    If you really want to see how a lake fishes, look at the last half of the field. Three finishers with 20+ pounds and only 19 limits with 34 "zeros" tells me that the lake is really down from where it's been in the past no matter how well the top ten did. Of course, I've always sucked on Guntersville and have yet to crack the 20 pound mark on that lake.
    That is what I have been saying too. Look at the total field and not the top 3 or 4 spots. The bass weekend series was held today. 27.43 won which is a great bag. 2nd had 20.67. Only two boaters that broke 20 which is abnormal for guntersville in march. 97 boaters in today's tournament that weighed a total of 201 fish. 12.59 got a check. 19 limits. Fairly similar to the bfl yesterday except for that 40 lb bag. Compare this to previous years of bfl and weekend series. Anyone who doesn't believe the lake is in a down turn isn't being very objective.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

2. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by The gurg View Post
    you have your chance on the 18th
    I'm sure I'll just be donating like I nearly always do on that lake.

3. Member
    Avery, I remember you having close to the 20lb mark in July one time on gville. Was it 19'and some change?

Well one thing that is putting the fish at a big advantage this year is there is still ALOT of grass left. That PITA eel grass never dies off and sheds follage that makes it dang near impossible to cast in some areas. Flipping and punching season is gona be here early this year if water stays clear. And I mean EARLY!
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

5. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlongiv View Post
    Avery, I remember you having close to the 20lb mark in July one time on gville. Was it 19'and some change?
    No it was more like 16-something. I just happened to notice some schooling bass around scattered hydrilla along the main channel ledge and caught them all on a topwater popping frog. More luck than skill, believe me!!

And I've never weighed in even close to 20 pounds in a tournament.

Fished G back in the 90's and did very well for someone just starting to bass fish. My skills have increased dramatically since then yet I catch fewer and fewer fish there.
    I once was a male trapped in a woman's body. Then I was born.

7. Member
    Tournament results do NOT always accurately showcase the health of the lake, or bass population. Sure, a few people always seem to catch good limits in each tournament, but look at the bottom 50% of the tournament field, that's reality for most fisherman, and typically those results are not nearly as impressive.

When you have thousands of bass fisherman on the lake each week, fishing thousands of different spots, a few are bound to catch good numbers and size, but for every big limit, there's far more people not catching much of anything.
    My Username on Archerytalk.com is "LBL Rec Area"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345