250 SHO Ground Wire Question

Looking for Help. I have a 2012 250 SHO. There are 2 ground wires coming out of the lower unit. One is a attached to a large bolt and the other attaches in a small hole where my motor stick support rests. This small broke off and I can't tell how it is to be attached. It is not treaded as far as I can tell. Is a rivet or a special piece that hold it on. I always have trouble uploading pics but if you guys think it would help I will try. thanks.

It's held on by a zerk fitting
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    great. thanks

4. Member
    I searched and found this question and answer. My 2 wires were routed incorrectly and the trimming of the motor cut them. They have since corroded to the point they need to be replaced. How do I get to the ends down in the lower? What kind of wire is this and can I do this work myself including where do I purchase the wire?
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA

5. Member

6. Member
    yam911, that is super helpful. Thank you!

I am seeing corrosion in a couple of bolts and around the edges of some metal pieces. Should this al be replaced? What is the proper treatment? Also, the motor is less than 10 months old. Would this be warranty work? Looking at other motors like mine, the wires were routed differently than all the others I’ve seen. Would that be factory or final rigging by the dealer that installed the motor? Thank you again!

Regards,
    David
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA

7. Member
    If the wires were sheared due to improper routing that should be covered by warranty. Comes from the factory with the bonding wires installed.

From your location I would guess you to be a freshwater guy. If so, strange that you are seeing corrosion. The wire being broken might have something to do with that.