Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Excellent DIY write-up, and great job!
    I've got an R&R Design aluminum tray that looks nearly identical to your Rod Saver - and I can pretty much "stand" on the pedal with zero issues.

FYI - I fab'd a cover/tool holder from cutting board material for the front of the tray. Also helps with cable management. Easy to make and really cleans up that area.

2. Member
    Thanks for posting the great work on the 518, among others. I just today installed a Troll-eze in my 2004 Ranger 522 to compliment my new Ultrex. Having seen the 518 work I knew pretty much what to do and expect. My job was essential identical to the 518 work except like I've read elsewhere I did need to cut into the center 4 rod tubes, but I never use them anyway so no loss for me. Thank you all for sharing so that my job could be relatively worry free. I took a few pics, but it was a bit cold outside so I needed to just get it done. I'll try to post a few pics once I downsize the pics to comply with the file size limit. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the process regardless of the limited pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Want2befishing; 03-13-2017 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Add pictures

3. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    Hey that looks great, and I am glad that this thread helped you!
    Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

This is my project this for sure.. Thanx
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

5. Banned
    Fantastic job and Great write up. You should have worn a Heart Monitor when doing the cutting. Had to be stressful.

6. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    Thanks and I’m glad it helps you guys. It wasn’t stressful for me at all, I’m an old school carpenter from back in the day and have cut into way more critical and complex things than this before.
    Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123