Transferring to Yamaha prop from Mercury prop

I've been running Mercury Tempest Plus props on my 06 Stratos 294 with a 200hp Yamaha HPDI for the past few years. I have the opportunity to run a Yamaha T-1 prop from a friend, but all i have is the prop - my friend didn't give me any of the prop parts along with the prop itself. The prop fits right on the prop shaft so I'm guessing I don't need the hub like I do with the Mercury props on my yamaha motor, but there must be some additional parts like a thrust washer that I need to properly install the prop. Any ideas of what exactly I need to run that prop?

Thanks for the help.

Well, I don't know the part numbers, but you will need the thrust washer, aft spacer, nut, and cotter pin. The Yamaha hubs are pressed in, so you don't need a hub insert or spline shaft like with the Mercury props.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

just thrust washer

4. Member
    I appreciate the help. Thanks!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by utinator View Post
    Well, I don't know the part numbers, but you will need the thrust washer, aft spacer, nut, and cotter pin. The Yamaha hubs are pressed in, so you don't need a hub insert or spline shaft like with the Mercury props.
    This use the washer from the Merc hub kit between the aft spacer and nut.

6. Member
    I dont konw how to start a new thread on here. I have a Etec 225 and have a temptest plus prop on it. It keeps spinning hubs has done it 5 times in 3 weeks. I was wondering about the Quiclsilver metal hub part number PH 835258Q2. Has anyone tried this?

Sorry for posting here hoping for some help thanks