HELP WITH ZX250 TRAILER STEPS

I have a 2015 zx250 and saw the steps on the trailer of the 2016 model so I ordered them through trailer manufacturer. I just wanted to ask if someone with a 2016 zx250 would measure from the amber marker light on the trailer to the edge of the step mount so I have a good idea where to mount my steps. Thank you for the help!

2. Member
    10" from the joint weld where the side channel meets the tongue

3. Member
    Awesome Thank you!

Man I saw those steps and need them on my 15' ZX250. Think is murder climbing in and out of! If you dont mind can you shoot me a IM with the price of them? Thanks Kerry
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

5. Member
    Pm sent last night!

6. Member
    I just added them to my 2016 FX20 Trailer in place of the useless single step that comes with it. You would think if Skeeter is selling the 2016 ZX with the double step, they would include it on the 2016 FX models. Plenty of room for your second foot now, problem solved as long as you pay extra after receiving your new $70K boat.

7. Member
    Guys Theses are well worth the money. They really are heavy duty, well designed and work better then I thought they would! Makes it really easy to get up and down from the bow! You will need 3/8 drill to accomplish install. I highly recommend a COBALT drill bit! Makes drilling effortless really. I actually Used 2 smaller drill bits until I got up to the 3/8 to finish. Again Cobalt drill bits make the task of drilling through the trailer channel iron not tough at all! One of the best upgrades I have done yet to my 2015 zx250.

I also added a blue water battery cut off switch in the bilge compartment like on the 2016, And the Yamaha interface to my HDS 9. Good stuff!

8. Member
    Can you post some pics? I would like to add this to my 2015 ZX225. Also a price if you don't mind. Can PM if you want.

9. Member
    Ok apparently there is a ton of guys that want to do this upgrade. I will post pictures tonight after work. Price for steps where $344 shipped to Maine. 3-4 weeks to get them.Talk to Rex in parts at EZ Loader trailers.

10. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

11. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

12. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    -WOW...Looks Great ! Do you advise LOKTITE on those Bolts or just use Lock Washers? What is the Steps Part Number? Curious about the battery cutoff switch. What is its Function? Same switch to jump Crank Battery from Troll Battery ?

14. Member
    Steps come with nylon lock nuts so that's all set. Not sure the part number. I just called EZ Loader and talked to Rex in the parts department.

The switch I installed is a battery cut off switch to the main battery. All my gauges switches..depth finders..power pole etc (everything except trolling motor) gets unhooked from the main battery when I turn it off. That way I know everything is off and nothing will be left on to burn up or discharge my battery!

The switch is a good idea for the 2015. Also outboards motors have a parasitic draw like poles and talons.

16. Member
    Absolutely ..That is why I also wired switch to cut off power to the outboard! It also serves as a theft deterrent or accidental start deterrent.

17. Member
    What is the overall measurements of the steps
    [email]bblythe64gmail.com

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Ok apparently there is a ton of guys that want to do this upgrade. I will post pictures tonight after work. Price for steps where $344 shipped to Maine. 3-4 weeks to get them.Talk to Rex in parts at EZ Loader trailers.

Bill, do you think I could mount these steps on a non-skeeter trailer? I have a 2020 Falcon and don't like their version of the steps.

Thanks!