Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    good job dude!

Great job...

Man looking good already.... I still miss my 88' 371V... What a great boat... 100% composite transom, and I bet has no spider cracks anywhere around it... Have fun..

4. Member
    It's had spider cracks in 2 spots. I had sat outside when I bought it and a tree had fallen on one of side rails. There is a spider crack on one side of the rail near the back and one near the passenger seat is a little worse, which brings my next question. I got new side rail to replace the broken one, but I would like to leave them off. But there is skrew holes. Should I just put the rails back on? You can't hardly see the back spider cracks but the front one is more of a big chiped spot in the gel. I was thinking of covering that little area with a line x patched area to cover it since that's where I climb into the boat anyway

5. Member
    It had sat outside before I bought it. The guy said the tree wasn't big but it was big enough to bend that rail a little bit and chip that spot of paint

6. Member

7. Member

Well, you can pull it off, patch whatever you like. The rails are kind of a signature of the 300 series Rangers, so IMO it is good to have them on. But that is just me... Since you have gone this far, it would be great to make a full repair and re-mount the rails....Let us know....

9. Member
    Thanks, that's been in the back of my head. I know the rails should be on there. And since I already fixed that one I will put them back on.

10. Member
    i got my new rails all put together and put on the boat today. I got some rails from my buddy off an old bass cat and cut them down to fit my boat. the whole time i have owned the boat it was missing the front rail and the back one was bent. I also covered the cracked spot, which happend to be in the same place i get in and out of the boat so it serves two purposes. glad kclost leaned me toward putting the rails back on. that was really the only way to go.

11. Member

12. Member

Very Nice....

14. Member
    Looks good ! I like the cover up.
    I did the same thing on my cajun years ago, I used truck bed liner rubber and sanded the edges.

keep at it
    Shawn.D
    2015 Phoenix 618pro w/ 150 Evinrude Etec HO

15. Member
    looking good I can't wait to see the finished product

16. Member
    Great job so far. Look forward to seeing it done. Those old Rangers are really great boats. A couple guys in my club are original 390 owners and still fish them every tournament. They're built like tanks and fish really well.

I did the same thing to my 85 350V good job

18. Member
    Ok, so it's been awhile, the boat has just been sitting in the garage in parts and pieces, I had got busy at work and I felt like the nest step was to get a motor befor I carpet the boat. I had been looking for a motor but to nervous to buy a used motor. A couple of weeks ago my wonderful wife says to me, "How long are you gonna let your bot sit out there, isn't it time to get a motor and finish it." Well here we go. Time to pic the project back up and get to work again.

19. Member
    Sooooo.....Here she is

20. Member

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast