Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Phoenix boat cover questions?

How are they? Do they fit pretty good and can you trailer with them?

2. Member
    yes, yes, yes.

Ok, ok, that would be great, yes, yes.

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    Must have. Best thing ever

4. Member
    I have trailered my 819 single console a 100 miles or so with the cover on and it did pretty well. I did use the two-pole support system that came with the boat. I don't think I would do it regularly though...there was still a lot of wind effect on the cover...made me nervous.

5. Member
    I trailer with mine 100-300 miles no problem. I do take windshield off

I towed my 618 to SC from Northern MO with the old style and my 919 has been to mid AR with the new style. I much prefer the new style. Great cover and no water puddles from during rain. I live on gravel, so my boat is towed 95% of the time cover on.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    They are absolutely awesome, look great and work great towing and in heavy rain, no puddling
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Anyone had the white straps on the front pole break yet? Both mine broke. Cover was about 8 months old. Called Tim and he had one in the mail to me the next day though. They are covered under the warranty with no questions asked. Just didnt know if mine was a fluke or what.
    Eric Anderson
    Nashville Boating Center

Best cover on the market by far

I have the old Attwood cover...it's mediocre at best. I assume you're talking about the newer one with the support system?

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

Yes. Whichever one comes with the 2016 boats.

I have a 2016 and the cover fits great, easy to put on. The pole system works quite well.

]2016 Phoenix 618 Yamaha 150 SHO

the new one is top notch. its easy to take off and easy to put on. it weighs nothing. it repels water like no other and theres no flapping in the wind at all. I towed it 1k miles with zero issues.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

14. Member
    My boat has the newer cover on it. Recently I have trailered the boat 1000 miles to Lake Okeechobee in November and back just a few weeks ago. During that period of time, the boat set partially under carport with the cover on.

When I trailer 1000 miles I put cling wrap on my boat first. zero scratches on my hull from the cover. zero issues with cover. I don't see any wear on cover or damage to boat. When I stored the boat in Florida, apparently my drive side cover came up off the boat during storms. I guess wind blowing hard at side angle on cover. My Dad's neighbors were nice enough to pull the cover down. I had the cover on tight but apparently not tight enough????

Easy to put on for 1 person. So far the cover is a 5star in my book.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

I have only used the cover on my 2013 619 a few times, works ok AFTER you get it positioned just right. Take the windshields off before you start cranking it down. Not a big fan of the dual ratcheting system. Material itself is pretty water resistant......but as for the best cover....I would have to go with the Ranger cover. Fished this weekend with my friend in his 521C, that cover went on and off so easy, 1 ratchet and that thing was ready to go, fits his boa like a glove.....also much less bulkier than our cover. But I can live with what I have !

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4bassin View Post
    I have only used the cover on my 2013 619 a few times, works ok AFTER you get it positioned just right. Take the windshields off before you start cranking it down. Not a big fan of the dual ratcheting system. Material itself is pretty water resistant......but as for the best cover....I would have to go with the Ranger cover. Fished this weekend with my friend in his 521C, that cover went on and off so easy, 1 ratchet and that thing was ready to go, fits his boa like a glove.....also much less bulkier than our cover. But I can live with what I have !
    I guess we're all entitled to our opinions, I for one have several friends with Rangers and that mid way strap you have to swing under the boat is a PITA..
    Shawn.D
    2015 Phoenix 618pro w/ 150 Evinrude Etec HO

Without a doubt this is the best and easiest cover to date.

18. Member
    New one is the Shizz the old one I sent back as well and Jeff had them reinforce the straps. It worked ok. Very HAPPY with the one on my 2015 920!

19. Member
    you guys have issues with the Front Cleats digging holes in the cover? From putting those white straps through them they seem to pop up and didnt want them digging into the cover...
    My wife also made a Nice Felt TM prop cover to protect the cover from rubbing/digging in as well...
    I guess I just prefer towing without the cover unless its raining..
    lewisboat.com
    Omega Custom Tackle
    Lewis Pro Team
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THKUSTOMS View Post
    you guys have issues with the Front Cleats digging holes in the cover? From putting those white straps through them they seem to pop up and didnt want them digging into the cover...
    My wife also made a Nice Felt TM prop cover to protect the cover from rubbing/digging in as well...
    I guess I just prefer towing without the cover unless its raining..
    I don't have the cleats issue, did you not get the TM prop cover that came with the tarp? It's white and has Velcro.
    Shawn.D
    2015 Phoenix 618pro w/ 150 Evinrude Etec HO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast