Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Added the carpet graphic last night. Took out the center seat and carpeted some marine grape plywood. Used the same screw holes as the old seat with flat heat bolts for the back. I had to replace the bottom hinge with a standard piano hinge I bought at Lowes Home Improvement. The screw holes are an exact match as the factory offset hinge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Simple soft functional

This is 3/4 marine plywood with two layers of 5/8 anti fatigue padding so it's plenty comfortable most days for the random 3rd man. Used SS screws with fender washers to hold the stretched matting after gluing and Velcro to hold it down. Boat has traveled about 16k miles at least at 80 mph interstate speeds rain and sun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Here is what I did with my Z8

"CATCH EM, PUT EM BACK, CATCH EM AGAIN, PUT EM BACK AGAIN, REPEAT!!"

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrife View Post
    Here is what I did with my Z8

That is NIIZZZZEEEE!

Going to pick up my 2011 Z9 Tuesday.

Couldn't help but notice your "NBB" logo. Jumped over there and put a request in whilst I was thinking about it.

Of course I'm just getting mine, and haven't gotten tired of the center seat just yet. But I did want to throw something out there for the 'wood' end of things. Which is likely what I'd use being as I have all the woodshop machines to do what I'd need.

We just recovered all our decks, 12 x 26 upper and 12 x 20 lower with 180° wrap around steps coming off of it. We used Ipe (eee-pay) wood. Us old timers call it Ironwood. It's a Brazilian hardwood similar to teak but it lasts 60, 70, 80 or more years! Without sanding and oiling it'll naturally gray out like teak. With oiling it's simply beautiful, deep and rich. It's naturally insect and rot resistant and is literally hard as iron.

It'd be perfect for this project. Albeit it only comes in maybe a 10" width.... but you don't want to KNOW how expensive it is that wide!!!!! In a 6½" width it's $3.15 a foot (market changes during the year). While that sounds expensive, it's nowhere NEAR as expensive as Trex (for decks). Top of the line Trex runs almost $60 a plank ($59.70 when I checked last Fall), where Ipe is well under $40 ($3.15 per foot, plus .30 to groove both sides for a deck with hidden fasteners). For boats with woodgrain interiors it'd look great in the middle seat/step configuration, and the side benefit is it'd last longer than the boat itself.

You will need though a SHARP saw blade because this stuff wears out blades like you are sawing bricks.

Another option would be similar hardwoods such as tigerwood, (beautiful stripes like a tiger) cumaru, garapa, jatoba, massaranduba or purple heart. The least of which is a 25~30 year wood, (cumaru) then moving up from there with Ipe at the top (and most expensive). Here in Atlanta bwdepot.com is a direct importer.

Thought I'd throw that out there.
    Last edited by DixieChicken; 03-04-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

Nitro Z-19 center box ordered from BassCat...

Notice how I reversed my box compared to Dixie. I like the cup holders out of the way of where you may step onto the box. Works very well.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

6. Member
    Does anyone know if you can get the center seat mod after delivery? I've got a 2017 Z18 and would love to get the center seat clip on/hook on mod seat that I saw on the 19 and 20's at BPS last weekend. Called Nitro and the sales and parts department who said they "had no idea" what I was talking about...

i think it comes with a carpeted flat space, the seat is extra to purchase. and simply clips on. "i think"
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    [QUOTE=Rludeman44;9151051]Does anyone know if you can get the center seat mod after delivery? I've got a 2017 Z18 and would love to get the center seat clip on/hook on mod seat that I saw on the 19 and 20's at BPS last weekend. Called Nitro and the sales and parts department who said they "had no idea" what I was talking about...[/QTE]

Maybe something I don't know but I don't see why not. I have the center seat in mine and it has plastic clips that slip over the sides of the lid. Easy on and easy off. I will use it when I take the grandkids but leave it at home for more serious fishing with my fishing friends. It's a $300 option on the boat. I think you need to call back and try again. It is shown as an option for the Z18 on the Nitro website.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

9. Member
    [QUOTE=jtrac;9155481]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rludeman44 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can get the center seat mod after delivery? I've got a 2017 Z18 and would love to get the center seat clip on/hook on mod seat that I saw on the 19 and 20's at BPS last weekend. Called Nitro and the sales and parts department who said they "had no idea" what I was talking about...[/QTE]

Maybe something I don't know but I don't see why not. I have the center seat in mine and it has plastic clips that slip over the sides of the lid. Easy on and easy off. I will use it when I take the grandkids but leave it at home for more serious fishing with my fishing friends. It's a $300 option on the boat. I think you need to call back and try again. It is shown as an option for the Z18 on the Nitro website.
    That's exactly what I thought and exactly why I wanted to get it. My daughters love being on the boat but wife and 2 daughters is tough w/ only 2 real seats. I'll give them a call back, thanks!

10. Member

Like everyone else, got tired of almost busting my butt going to and from the back deck! Finally took out my center seat. What a pain that was! Five minutes to take out the seat bottom, two hours to remove the seat back! The three seat back screw holes were elongated and off-center, so had to find something to cover them up. Zdecal stickers worked awesome!

11. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

Someone asked me to post this here so he could find it. It took about an hour to make and install. Held in place with white industrial velcro.

Products I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

12. Member
    I know this is an older thread. I couldn't stand the middle seat so I used some ideas from this forum and with vinyl board, velcro, and padded grip tape made the trip from one end of the boat to the other much quicker. No storage, but simple and easy to navigate. This is actually a single 6" board, the tape is covering the joint (on the bottom it is strengthened and joined with mending plates above the hole). Held down with industrial Velcro.
    seat delete 2.jpgseat delete.JPG
    I have a boat.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Husertim View Post
    I know this is an older thread. I couldn't stand the middle seat so I used some ideas from this forum and with vinyl board, velcro, and padded grip tape made the trip from one end of the boat to the other much quicker. No storage, but simple and easy to navigate. This is actually a single 6" board, the tape is covering the joint (on the bottom it is strengthened and joined with mending plates above the hole). Held down with industrial Velcro.
    seat delete 2.jpgseat delete.JPG
    Looks good! You and your co-angler will enjoy the freedom of movement to and from the aft deck!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bqtoot View Post
    Looks good! You and your co-angler will enjoy the freedom of movement to and from the aft deck!
    Thanks, yes it is great. I can actually step from the front step/cooler to the new step/removed seat which is really nice.
    I have a boat.

15. Member
    I've posted a few pics of my center boxes before but just wanted to throw this on the sticky. I've made about 10 of them...they're now all gone and I won't be making any more.

These fit Z20 and Z21 models (before 19 Z20 got the nice glassed in center console). I used genuine NITRO carpet, the darker charcoal gray straight from the dealer. Stainless latches and sarasota hinges, a water jetted aluminum lid land with edge seals, inside is carpeted as well. There's industrial strength Velcro on the bottom of the box with VHB that attaches straight to the glass where the factory carpeted hinged step used to be (just remove that). They've worked great, had one on my boats for the last 3 years or so...can't imagine not having that space for small stuff during the day.

Last edited by edeering03; 09-23-2019 at 10:36 AM.

16. Member
    Wow! that looks awesome! The best I've seen yet! How much are they?

17. Member
    I agree with bqtoot that is awesome. I am also wondering how much are they?

18. Member
    Finished my step about a month ago, went with amazon cutting board. Wrapped in 3m 1080 that actually matches the nitro black flake color well (I'll rewrap at some point, I got some bubbles as you can see). Then put some anti slip strips on it. Works great and was 30 bucks. Don't mind Rango, gotta trim the white off the protector of water and fish. He covers one hole, and the other two I cut circles out of the 1080. Blends right in. Boat is so much more functional now.
    step.jpg

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    I agree with bqtoot that is awesome. I am also wondering how much are they?
    Man!!! You sure you couldn’t make another one of these?? My old 884 sure could use one!!

20. Member
    Does anybody have the dimensions for the center seat space on a 2010 Z7? I'm thinking about getting one from Basscat. My boat is down for it winter nap. All wrapped up so I cant get at it to measure myself.
    Thanks,

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast