Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Z-7, 8, 9 Center Seat Mod Version 2 (CandOFiberglass)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by CandOFiberglass &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">call carol @ C&O if anyone wants a step up box to replace the center seat...</td></tr></table>

Oh you had to go and say that, now I have to call. Dang it.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

Re: Z-7, 8, 9 Center Seat Mod Version 2 (E5Zero)

I've found diamond plate to be slippery when wet, so be careful!

My project will be a whole new set of seats to replace the bench seat with two bucket seats and a step in the middle. I don't like stepping in the middle of the bench to get up to the rear deck, and I'm getting too old to just step up. Wondering about waterproofing the plywood, and not liking the idea of just Thompson's Water Seal. More inclined to use epoxy resin, and thinking about using "lumbercore" or solid wood instead of plywood, aluminum, or maybe a plastic plate, like UHMW. Any other ideas would be appreciated. I really like the rubber self-sticking sheet stuff that Cabela's and BPS carry. While I'm at it, I want to lower the seating position as much as I can, so want to keep the new seatbase fairly thin.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

3. Member
    Here's what i did to my z7 , center step box with storage under lid . nothing fancy but will work wonderfully .

4. Member

Re: (FishinIndy)

I need to do that to mine.
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

5. Member
    nice job they all look good
    Jeremy Mitchell

6. Member
    Thanks for the ideas. I have a 2008 Z-7 and wanted to take out the middle seat after the first time I took it out fishing. I ended up using marine board material and used the original brackets to install the 2 pieces. Now the bottom is still removeable, I didn't have to drill extra holes, I can put it all back if the need arises, and I don't have to worry about it rotting.
    Finished Install

7. Member
    Looks good, add some non-slip strips to keep the partner from busting their rear!
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

Here are some picture of the seat mod I did in my X-5.

I started with a 1 inch thick plastic cutting board I got from amazon.com. I cut it to size using a table saw then covered it in a sheet of surfboard traction pad. I used industrial velcro for rough surfaces to hold it down as regular velcro wouldn't stick to the cutting board. The board will not flex and it will not move. The surfboard traction pad has just a little cushion to it if someone needed to sit there for a bit.

I was planning on putting either an aluminum t-nut or a black plastic push rivet like they use on cars where the holes where for the seat back but once I took the seat back off I realized that wouldn't work because how it had been drilled (and drilled and drilled and drilled some more).

My boat is red and white which is why I left the edge white in on the step in one of the pictures but after looking at it I decided to wrap it as well and that is why you see the cut on the top front of the step.

I think if I had carpeted it with matching carpet it would look factory. Grey nonslip rubber, or nonslip rubber that matched the Nitro diamond pattern would look better as well I think as would rounding the corners on the seat back section.

The first picture is the finished step (ignore the carp, he actually had just jumped in the boat). The second picture is why put a part of the traction where the seat back was, sigh. Third picture is the cutting board. Forth picture is in progress. Final picture shows the reveal I left on the back of it, the baby goose I had just cut out of about 30 feet of braid, not mine, and he was so tired he couldn't stand up so I let him relax in the boat for an hour then let him go around some other geese.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Okay guys after several iterations of the middle seat I have finally settled on something. Although I would prefer a box I found this from Wise. Although the first trip out one edge of this tore slightly, I contacted Wise, sent them pictures and the replaced it with a new one, so now I have two! The one in the boat with the tear will stay for a while, I want to disassemble it and see if I can use it without the cover. Works great, and gives me an area behind it to toss stuff.

Blast-Off Tour Series Center Step Pad - Wise Boat Seats WD1457 - iboats
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

Here are some pics of my seat mod. I used marine plywood, and some paint I had left over around the house. Carpet is from bass boat carpet. So nice to have a place to put small items.100_0827.jpg

11. Member
    the diamond plate looks tacky

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dvkawboy View Post
    the diamond plate looks tacky
    Without getting too blunt, your opinion is appreciated. However to each his own. I started with diamond plate and went through it and a couple of more versions before settling on what I have now. The design of the middle seat on the Z7 left a lot to be desired and the purpose of this sticky was to share ideas on how each of us approached this problem. If you have a great idea to share, then we welcome your input.
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

One can only imagine the burns southern guys will get 5 months a year with that IF metal is used there...re-think.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    One can only imagine the burns southern guys will get 5 months a year with that IF metal is used there...re-think.
    Yeah Doug, there was some concern with the metal, hence the various iterations I went through. It was spring when I did it the first time........
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

15. Member
    Going to do mine, how do you get the back of the seat off?
    Nitro Z7

2009 Nitro Z-7, 150 Optimax, 24P Tempest Plus, Hydraulic steering, Minn KotaFortex 36v 101lb Tm, Humminbird 859c HD DI Ram mounted on bow, Humminbird 859c HD Ram mounted by dash, Elite 5X in console, 4 bank Delta view charger, 8" Bob's Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate, Hot Foot, Pro Trim and Dual PP.
    61 MPH GPS

Fishing is life
    Life is fishing

I can tell you guys that bright shinny finish will blind you in the summer time. I made my recessed trolling motor tray out of the same stuff. When I turn just right it blinds me. It does attract heat.
    <"(((((((>< Quit Wishing and go Fishing. ><)))))))">

17. Member
    Thanks for the pics.

Finally got mine done. Not near as nice as some of the ones posted. Not a carpenter Thanks to Charger69 for PM's and all you guys on here for posting

Hire Lures BuzzWalker quick-clip on topwater blades
    2019 Nitro Z19 200 Pro XS 4S V-T2 Live well vents

looks good. more useful than the center seat.

20. Member
    Heres my center seat delete on my 2013 Z-8.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast