Factory Legend Battery Charger Question

I have a 36 volt trolling motor system. I replaced the 3 batteries for my trolling motor yesterday after realizing the batteries must have been shot and the troller wouldn't work at all in the garage.
    Put the new batteries in and plugged in the charger and one of the four banks lightson the charger shows an alternating green and red light flashing back and forth. What does that mean and how can I tell what battery that is?
    If you were standing behind the boat look towards the front of the boat at the charger display its the 2nd bank in from the left. I would assume it would be the starting battery since thats the only one I haven't replaced. (Original since new, 3+ seasons on it) but being the 2nd one in from the left on charger seems like a weird place for starting battery? What do you guys think or hopefully know?

2. Member

Re: Factory Legend Battery Charger Question (Eronningen)

Flashing alternate lights indicate, low voltage (<2v), blown fuses, or reverse polarity (usually resulting in blown fuses).

CLOSED GAMEFISHING SEASONS IN WI HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CREEDENCE!!!

3. Member

Re: Factory Legend Battery Charger Question (btsmbass)

Gotcha. Before I replaced the 3 batteries I had 2 of the four banks doing it, now one is. The trolling motor seems to go really good so I think that tells me all three batteries for that must be working well and aren't reversed polarity or blown fuses. The starting battery is not reverse polarity as it hasn't ever been out since the boat was new. Maybe the starting battery is shot, I just found it odd to be the 2nd one in from left as explained above? Maybe I'll go try to start the motor real quick and if it pops off I'd assume the starting battery is good too? UGH

4. Member

Big motor fired right up.
    It doesn't appear as though there is any inline fuses that I can see for the battery charger leads?

5. Member
    On my charger flashing red/green also indicates a bad connection. I know this because I disconnected one lead for each battery in turn to determine which light indicated which battery.

6. Member

Re: (lhweaver)

Sometimes the quickconnects can act up and either get corroded, or just were not connected well and can get disconnected. There is an access panel on the starboard side rear storage box to check these connections. This will typically show two bad bank if this occurs.

The other thing is please do remove the shrink tube from the fuse holders on the battery. That is for your charger. Check the fuses. They are more than likely blown. If reverse polarity and battery voltages are all good, the fuse is the only problem left.

CLOSED GAMEFISHING SEASONS IN WI HAS NO BIOLOGICAL CREEDENCE!!!

7. Member

it's most likely the middle troll batt., the leads are marked at the point before they fork off (blk. & red) on the main wires, you've got a inline fuse off your pos. connection, it 's prob. got a piece of black heat shrink on it , cut off heat shrink and check your inline fuse.

8. Member

Re: Factory Legend Battery Charger Question (LouO)

I plugged in charger. Middle troller battery in at 12.5 volts all others are at 13.5 or so. I think I'm getting close

9. Member

Ya, figured it out. I pull fuse out on that middle battery and it was good. Than I wrenched my neck to look at connection thinking maybe I broke it, turns out I didn't hook it up. Dumb dumb.... Oh well, all is working good now. Thanks guys

10. Member
    My battery charger is also showing my second battery charger then goes off not showing it’s fully charged and also today my pumps just stop work any reason why