Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    How did u access that area to find the holes??

2. Member
    So I put a light in the bilge last night, nothing, everything looks good on that end. I also put water in the splash well and nothing, tonight I will add water to the wells and see what happens.

3. Member
    My 18trx had a livewell hose fitting that was leaking. took me forever to find it

4. Member
    How did you determine it was leading Jocephus?

5. Member
    Dealer added a third battery in my new boat when I upgraded to 24 volt TM. When they installed the battery tray, they screwed into the livewell overflow .. took a while to prove that's what it was but finally they replaced the line they damaged...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    How did you determine it was leading Jocephus?
    My brother in law is a plumber and has an inspection camera that is like a tiny snake light kinda thing.

We filled the livewell and used food coloring. When the pumps kicked on it sprayed out and you could see it leaking. The camera records it. Took it to the dealer and they repaired it under warranty.

7. Member

USA

Mine was leaking by the lifting rings on the transom. Took them out and re-sealed them, no more leak.

8. Member
    Well weds I am going to keep an eye on it while I am on the water. See what happens.

9. Member
    Pull the ladder out, like you are going to use it, and look inside the boat with a flashlight.
    Steve Bailey
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250L Pro XS TM
    SER# 2B575047

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Basser View Post
    I had a 2012 18XS that leaked at the safety ladder. The ladder assembly had holes in the bottom of the assembly. Plugged holes, problem solved.
    My Triton did the same thing dealer had to replace the ladder assembly.

11. Member
    Did you check the bilge while you were on the water or at least with the boat on the trailer backed in the water up on the transom. There's more pressure on the fittings when your actually on the water.

12. Member
    NO clue, all I know is it leaks in from someplace. Everything but the bottom of the bilge area seems dry. Doesnt appear to be the fittings or crack pumps etc... Cannot find the leak anywhere

13. Member
    Check the plug then.

14. Member
    Remove the aerator pump screens on the transom, and plug the holes with small drain plugs. Run the boat and report results. This really isn't hard to figure out. Is the boat still under warranty?

Livewell pumps don't have to be running to allow water to leak into the bilge.

15. Member
    I have a 2012 19xs with the same problem. I looked for months and i finally looked around the back top of the rub rail.pop off about 12 inches of the rub rail and there was no sealant at all. Took it to the dealer and showed them and they pull all the rub rail off and took pictures and sent them to triton. Three days later had all new rub rail and sealant to fix. Haven't had a drop scense.

16. Member
    Wonder if that is my issue, I have noticed with a person fishing on the back deck I get double the amount of water, so much that my auto bilge came on twice last trip. Really dont think it is a pump or fitting, as I dont see any water issues in this area. My guess is it is something in the transom area, either the tie down bolts or the rub rail etc... Seems funny that with the ass end sitting deeper in the water with a second person on the rear deck I am getting double the amount of water. I still get water entering on solo trips, but not as much.

17. Member
    See Roadunner's post about 8 above this one.

18. Member
    Try it this weekend

19. Member
    Update, issue was with the drain plug, rubber gasket was impinged by debris from the bilge and was not sealing properly. Didnt notice until I got down and felt around, and noticed debris got in that area and must have been preventing a good seal. Three trips later and NO water at all.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Now get you one of these you will thank me later.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bass_...e-BBSDPCM.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast