Do I install two on one boat or one on two boats?

The wife just gave me the go a head to get two power poles for fathers day. Great gift. I have a Champion 188 and a 1860V Legend SS river jet boat. Do I put both power poles on one boat or do I put one power pole on each. I mainly fish rivers so my original thought was to put two PP on one boat so that it does not swivel down stream once I deploy. Will two PP hold my boat in river current without twisting? What would you do?

If I used one boat a lot more than the the other I would put two on one.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    If you got two talons you could get four mounts and swap them out with the quick connect wire system they sell for them. When you unplug them, there is four bolts you loosen and the whole thing slides out of the bracket then you slide it in the one on the other boat....just a thought. and my single talon holds my bass boat in current on the river.

1989 Ranger 374V / 1989 Mercury BlackMax 175

4. BBC SPONSOR
    And you can get a 12 foot talon for the same price as a 10 foot power pole.....

1989 Ranger 374V / 1989 Mercury BlackMax 175

5. Member
    ^^^ good idea!

6. Member
    I switch my power poles with my two boats. Very easy, just got a quick connect hydraulic fitting then just take them off one boat and put them on the other. Most of the time I use one on each boat but I easily can add the second to either boat. I do have pumps in each boat but well worth the price.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    if it were me I would put 2 on one boat, you can get the quick connect fittings and swap them if you like. I would be happy to give you super pricing on new powerpoles pm me