Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    This going to be interesting. I had emailed Garmin about the 2 different dates/features of the Feb.2016 package and the April 2016 one. Before I heard back I went ahead and called Garmin and they told me to send my card from Feb. 2016 back to get it updated so I did. In the meantime I get this email back from Garmin saying that they update cards 2 times a year once 1st of the year and then again in Aug. and that card dated from Feb.2016 is their most update one. Can not wait to get my "updated card" back to see what heck it is...LOL

footnote: I backed up my Ultra Card to my computer before I sent back. The file dates on them were 3-21-16. So though my package has Feb.2016 date and the features listed on the Feb.2016 package are different from the package with the April 2016 date I perhaps did have the newest version but just in old package. I did not start my unit up with my card in it to check the Version # before I returned it.
    Last edited by RonH54; 06-17-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH54 View Post
    This going to be interesting. I had emailed Garmin about the 2 different dates/features of the Feb.2016 package and the April 2016 one. Before I heard back I went ahead and called Garmin and they told me to send my card from Feb. 2016 back to get it updated so I did. In the meantime I get this email back from Garmin saying that they update cards 2 times a year once 1st of the year and then again in Aug. and that card dated from Feb.2016 is their most update one. Can not wait to get my "updated card" back to see what heck t.
    Regarding the twice a year map update, this is in reference to the overall topography. The FHS inclusion in April was a separate addition and not part of the 2X per year general update.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Regarding the twice a year map update, this is in reference to the overall topography. The FHS inclusion in April was a separate addition and not part of the 2X per year general update.
    Thanks Todd. I sort of figured that out after I received an email back from Garmin and it mentioned the FHS was a separate addition which could be added for $49.95. I am now really interested what Garmin sends me back to me with a "updated" card. Will my card now have FHS or not, just wait and see, it should be back to me sometime this week. But if does not have FHS and they advertising the newer version card with FHS for the same price as the non FHS I got in March I will be contacting them again and be raising Hell!!

4. Member
    I just ordered the Ultra Card and requested the newest version. They told me they always ship the latest version when an order is placed. Lol Hope i get the FHS card included I had rather not go through what your going through Ron I will let you know which one I get

5. Member
    Update: The Ultra HD Card I got in March which had the Feb. 2016 was returned to Garmin and they shipped me the newer Version with the April 2016 date which had the FHS and other updated items included which my Feb. 2016 card did not have.

6. Member
    Good news!
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

7. Member
    Thought it was Great Garmin did the card replacement at N/C.

8. Member
    The FHS have been added for my local lake which I have fished for 40 years. It will be interesting to see where the FHS are placed on that lake with new Ultra Card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12