question for all you legend owners

How does the 199 legend fish? Is it tippy at all? Where is the fuel tank located? under the seats or in the back? Just asking becuase I'm triing to decide between a newer champ 202, or a legend 199.
    Thanks for your input.

Re: question for all you legend owners (fishchamp)

My last boat was a 206 champ and after looking at many other boats, I now run a 199 legend. Gas tank in back, not tipy at all unless you have a 300 + person fishing from the back, then they all are, ride is awesome. I am sure if you ask someone in your area you can set up a test ride.

3. Member

Having run 6 Champs in 17 years and recently switched this spring to Legend , I can honestly say the Legend is the better boat for me. I have not been in a 199 but have spent considerable time in a Champ 200 , 202, 210 and the Legend 211.

The Legend 211 compared to the Champ 210 might be a hair more tippy at rest but will fish better . The Legend is less likely to take waves over the bow when fishing big water, much more reponsive to trolling motor input and just an overall better fishing plat form. Combine that with slightly better speeds, very similar ride , better customer service and the best glass work in the industry and you can see why I am happy with my change in boats.

Good luck with your search and if you have any further qustions just let me know.

4. Member

Re: question for all you legend owners (211 alpha)

Hey thanks guys for the input. I too ran a 206 and other assorted champs. I'm on the east coast (MD). Hard to find a dealer even remotely close that deals with 1 or 2 year old legends. Just aren't that many around. I have a trade in, so it kinda limits me to dealerships at this point. I'm really looking for 199 not 211.

5. Member

Re: question for all you legend owners (211 alpha)

I've chatted with a couple of 199 owners who went from a 211 to a 199, and know of another guy who prefers his buddies 199 over his 211. I've never been in a 199 but have heard great things. These boats are not as stable as say a Skeeter, but they don't list too bad. I like mine. They definately handle the big water very well, and are suprisingly very fast.

6. Member

fishchamp
    Let me know what your trade is and what you are looking for on a new boat and I will see if I can find someone who can take your trade. I have helped a few people already move into their new Legend.

7. LEGEND 199 225 PRO XS

I'm very happy with my 2012 199 225 pro xs! I would get in touch with the Legend rep for your area,I bet he could he could help you get in Legend. I know he could set you up a demo ride. The customer service is out of this world,your one of the family when you purchase a Legend boat! They go above and beyound to make sure you are happy. The fit and finish of their boats will blow you away!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199 225 PRO XS

8. Member

I own a 2009 199 and love the fish ability. My old ranger 175VS was a flatter fishing platform which is perfect when you are fishing flat conditions. If I could get the fishing platform of my Ranger and everything else Legend that would be the perfect boat. I know that is impossible to do but in a perfect world that would be a perfect boat. Here in NC we generally don't fish much in big rollers like people do up north. All that said I am very satisifed with my 199, may be the best money I have ever spent.

Fuel tank is in the back compartment, very accessible.

Re: question for all you legend owners (jnaumuk)

I have a Demo Legend 199 instock - and would be happy to set you up for a demo ride in it

http://www.campandcruise.com

I just got my 199 and have had it out once. There was a pretty good chop with 20 mph winds and I noticed right away that this boat will just chop through waves like a Ginsu knife, with no gunwale spray at all. When I put the trolling motor down I noticed that there is really only room for one person in the very bow but very wide at the back. The back lid flexed a little bit more than I was used to on my Ranger when standing near the back, but the over all finish and look is better on my Legend 199. The gas tank is in the back center but this thing comes out of the hole like nobody's business. I have the Mercury 225 Pro XS and the fuel economy is unreal, plus you dont have to sacrifice power. I am running a Fury prop, 26P. I did not go full speed because I had my wife and kids with me, but like another post mentioned, the trolling motor provides precision accuracy with this boat. I weaved through cedars and hardwoods in the wind with little effort. Check my facebook for a ton of pictures of the 2013 Legend Alpha 199 and Mercury ProXS. Like my page, I will be adding video and more pics as the season progresses. As soon as I get to go full speed I will let you know how fast I am hitting. I would say that Ranger would be the flattest sitting if you have a couple of big guys walking around the decks. Legend would be next flattest, and Champion the least flattest of the three mentioned. One more thing I will say is that the whole front deck on my Legend is padded and what a difference it makes. The padding will not slip around and slide out of place like on some other brands, either. Let me know if you want to know more. I could keep talking about my Alpha 199 and bass boats and fishing, all day. Good Fishing! Rob Martin/BassPredator90

11. Member
    Those are the 2 boats I was considering....can't go wrong with either.

12. Member
    Well i am sold on Legend and that is what I am getting. I just dont know if 199 or 211. 211 makes for more room in boat being a narrower boat than the wide bodies but the 199 may do just fine for me too. I am setting it up for 2 up front fishing for crappie also. Wife loves to crappie fish. Plus they offer that sundeck for summer which is great for my wife and I to hang out floating and sunning. Hoping to order mine Monday but I just cannot pick colors. I have seen a couple I like but my wife doesnt. Anyway cant wait to get in one and enjoy it. I also ran Ranger 361 and z19 and they are flat and great but they beat you up running and my back is done with that. I can deal with a little less flat for my back!!

13. BBC SPONSOR
    We have 4 Legends on order and one of those is a 199, we should have them in three to four weeks. Give us a call if we can help you with pricing or if we can set up a demo ride for you in any of the Legend models.