Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Missouri?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStrokerDee View Post
    I have a friend that has a stock 300xs on his Gambler that runs 94+ with a stock 29 Bravo 1. He has a great holeshot too. Matt works all my props for my Stroker, but it's a 110 mph boat, lol
    I hear all these great stories about gamblers running "94 an up " but i have never seen a go-pro of another gambler/sterling that can or would do it. Not saying it can't be done, but would love to see some one else do it. also would like to see MrstrokerDee boat run 110 gps, I know Chris bailey an his buddy james have both been over 110 gps. and i know you bought james white stroker, but have you been 110gps???? It would be nice to see others do it. like my buddy low sung would say. if there's no video it didn't happen..

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrStrokerDee View Post
    If a ProMax is the fastest on your setup, you need to to try more props. A promax has never been the fastest on anything. You have a 300?
    Yes i have a 300xs dave bush kit motor, and would love to try any prop you have that you think will run faster . also would love to know the rpm your friend with the 29 bravo xs is turning when he's running 94 an up. it would have great slip # to do that with a stock 300xs and a 29 pitch prop..

4. Member
    1.62's. On a Stroker, the Bravo is a cool fishing prop, but it's not the best speed prop. I've run my 26 Bravo to 95, but a Performer bc3 is the way to go for top end. I ran a Bravo on my G too, it wasn't the fastest, but it is a great overall prop.
    Mr StrokerDee :thumb

5. Member
    Still waiting on props jr, are you really wanting to see me run 110, why? You seem agitated, why? I have seen pictures of my Gambler buddys gps. His G smokes. I DO have a GoPro ordered, just for the skeptical. lol But just so you know, lack of video doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just makes people agitated, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    I hear all these great stories about gamblers running "94 an up " but i have never seen a go-pro of another gambler/sterling that can or would do it. Not saying it can't be done, but would love to see some one else do it. also would like to see MrstrokerDee boat run 110 gps, I know Chris bailey an his buddy james have both been over 110 gps. and i know you bought james white stroker, but have you been 110gps???? It would be nice to see others do it. like my buddy low sung would say. if there's no video it didn't happen..

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Commander View Post
    Missouri?
    ill be out there in September

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCat View Post
    ill be out there in September
    Coming here for the Stroker rally in September, Thundercat?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    the FURY 4 is gonna solve all our problems! LOL....
    you know i'm gonna try it though...
    I'm gonna try one. Has to handle better.
    Gambler 2100 dc

9. Member
    Probably,the 3 blade Fury is fast but loose as hell on top. I'll wait till everyone else has tried it before I spend the money. I remember being burned by the Promax when it first came out. Not making that mistake again lol

10. Banned
    We (Lee Sanderson, I and a few others here in Va) were pretty excited about the Promax as we knew of the involvement of some pretty sharp people. Unfortunately, Merc made some changes before they went to production and they didn't live up to initial reports.

11. Member
    Is any of the old stuff worked into the new fury ???

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    The promax'S I owned (2) , were both stock and I of course run 1.5 to 3" below pad
    there in is why your boat performed Like crap. This prop runs best above the pad. Get a lower unit that is designed to run above the pad and you will see different results.
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

When I put that 300x on my 2100 (1.62 gears) my stock 25promax ran 90.3 with just me and a medium load. 87-88 with full t load and 2 200lb guys. 25 pitch at 6500-6700 rpm. That motor was mounted as high as it could go and 5-6 on the plate. So I can attest it does perform decent up high. I just haven't gotten around to running it on my XB /torquemaster motor. Doesn't sound like it will want to behave from what some of you guys have said that tried it. I THINK a 26 would serve me better but I may try it if I get bored. Been having more fun fishing the last year or so. It's tough to beat the 28 bravo to just go and fish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12