USA RV Roof Coatings

Redoing EPDM roof this week using Liquid Roof. Anybody used it? Comments.

2. Member
    No comments, but am looking forward to seeing some before and after pics. Sounds like quite the project.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

I'm interested in seeing the results too. I know this is something I will face down the road.

4. Member
    Sorry for slow response. Yes this was quite a job! The liquid roof chemical reaction gradually started to thicken the coating and at three hours required a lot of effort to spread with squeegee and smooth with roller. Luckily the stuff does self level,and looks pretty good today. I'll get a better look tomorrow. I had to spread the last couple of feet with a dry wall tool as I was hanging on the RV's ladder. Our MH is 37' and was a tough job for one person. I removed the AC and vent covers a couple days earlier. Bottom line, this is nice stuff and really improved the look and I'm sure the life of the roof. It is a two person job on a roof this big!

5. Member
    I did my 27' RV with it this year. It's a really great product IMO. My roof was in really bad shape, but wasn't leaking. It's look completely different now and that stuff seems like it will be real durable.

6. Banned
    You might want to go to your brand of RV's forum or IRV2.com and ask the same question.

Someone's using a sprayed roof--close to the same stuff they spray in truck beds. The price is quite expensive, however.

Clubpro, when re- install the AC and roof vents, will need to recover the edges of those with a sealer

8. Member
    Dicor is what many on IRV2 recommend for EPDM. Also if you can get the Eternabond tape for the seams it comes highly recommended as well. Both are quite expensive. Eternabond is somewhere around $120 for 25 or 50 feet and 5 gallons of Dicor is about the same or more.