Thread: F215 vs F205

F215 vs F205

What are the main differences? Speed? Ride? Handling? Price? Thanks!

2. Member
    PM sent

From what I gather the differences are just like the Rangers 520 and 521. The F205 is going to be a little more nimble and a tad faster where the 215 is going to be a point and shoot type of boat. I believe both fish very well and have a very good ride. The price....Its all in how you load them up but if apples to apples with options, the 215 is going to be more....how much, That I dont know. keep an eye out for Brian Lattimer (BLat) on facebok and/or Youtube as he wll erunnig a 205 this year and he will be posting quite a few videos on his boat.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Same hull under both boats. The 215 is a foot longer, has a little narrower nose/front deck, has 2 middle storage compartments in the front deck, and the gas tank is under your feet in the floor. It is 1-2mph slower than the 205, but has a softer ride. The 205 has more width further forward in the front deck, one large center storage compartment in the front deck, and is a a little faster. Both have 99'' beam, same consoles, rear deck layout, and the same standard equipment. THe retail price is likely only $1000-1300 difference between the 2 with the same motor & equipment. Bottom line, if you want the Cadillac ride and 70-72mph is good enough for you speed wise, it's hard to beat a 215 for the size & money. If you like a 20' boat that will go a bit faster, the 205 is your boat! Both fish GREAT!!!