1992 Hydrosport LS 180 with 175 Johnson Faststrike setup help

Well ive recently purchased my first big bass boat i had a 15 ft sd 80 Skeeter before this boat and the first time i ran the boat i got up between 62 64mph on speedo and started to chine walk pretty good ive done alot of reading and know im going to raise my motor up on the jackplate to help. i havnt measured the enital setup on it yet due to weather im looking for some Hydrosport knowledge and to find someone with same model and egine who can get me a good starting motor hight and setup. its got a 14 1/2 24 Raker currently has lots of water pressure not sure rpms close to 5400 i believe.

2. Member
    ease in to it,you don't have to go wide open to start with.Try trimming down just a touch,and take a long soft left turn.the left turn will offset the engine torque and will help with walk

3. Member
    thanks for the tip. goin to run it more this weekend just removed the oiler system to mix my own mixture i know the oilers wernt very good on these engines.

4. Member
    23-24 four blade will handle tad better or 24-25 3 blade for speed.
    Chine walking not sure their is a cure for some sports my vl270 does no matter where its located on transom as to height,one can either control it or not.And be satisfied either way,as one cannot change the design.Mine is a semi tunnel v,and its easier to run an allison 2002 at 80 than it at 60,tricky lil 800 pd bugger.Meaning at any speed one has to actually drive it,not take it for granted and relax,below that speed they handle great.
    Left hand or quick small left turn corrections as one drives called sawing when done fast,is a way of controling if controlable.Its a slight movement to left and once learned,and often but not always someone could watch and not even see it or notice unless you told them.
    Last edited by lilmule; 03-06-2014 at 05:58 AM.