70s / 70dv Sotware Update

Hi all, I am in my second season running the 70s and 70dv. I downloaded and updated both units to the most recent software (6.00) in the spring and I am now having issues. The 70s unit won't stay powered on for more than a couple minutes at best, the 70dv unit seems fine except it loses sonar signal temporarily when the 70s unit shuts off. I see there is another software update to 6.30 for these units, I have downloaded it to an SD card but I want to make sure I didn't do something wrong before I try another update. The update of 6.00 seemed to go fine so I'm not sure what may have happened. I should say that I am also running a GCV10 unit as well.

I had no issues with either unit last summer, the only other thing I did was finally added the traditional sonar transducer in the fall to the 70s unit but it seemed fine the couple times I had it out after that install, that's why I'm thinking my issue is from the software update.

Any help or advice is welcome!!

2. Member
    There were some bugs introduced with the 6.0 update.
    Go ahead and install the 6.3 update, but make sure both units are on as well as the GVC10 with everything plugged in (transducers, etc).
    This should solve your power and transducer issues.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

3. Member
    Thanks catmantwo, so far so good!

4. Member
    I have had a similar issue. Garmin tech suggested I run the software update absent the gcv10 . I unplugged the gcv10,transducer cable and ran the updatded software. have a 70s on the bow and 2 741xs on the console. The 70s was no affected. The 741xs gave a messge of "lost sonar" then the other one would shut down.The gvc10 also has an update, 3.3 believe from Feb. I ran mine in May or 4 days with no issues. Just started 2 weeks ago.