BBC SPONSOR

Anybody have pictures of a PS-31

Mounted on a Fourtrex? Would like to see where you placed it. Also what's everyone's opinion how how shallow the Panoptix technology is effective. Seems to me I need to be in at least 8ft to get any benefits. Not complying at all, just wondered if anybody was using it effectively any shallower.

Panoptix is the best and most reliable depth gauge I have on my boat. I have a p72, a gt40, a gt30. The Panoptix, I can always count on a depth representation no matter how shallow my boat. The other units will invariably blank out for various reasons. 2' of water reads fine on my Panoptix.

3. Banned
    I've got the 45" shaft and this puts it just under the water. I have the install depth set for .1 ft. I does come out of the water some with a large wake

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks! Troy could you go closer to the head with no problems?

5. Member
    I used my PS21 in as little as 2' of water when I was sneaking into some of the chain lakes in Coeur d'Alene. The channels are not marked and are weed choked, so you cant see the bottom or where the channel is. It worked great for looking ahead to see if I had enough depth to get through from the river to the lake without running aground.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    Thanks! Troy could you go closer to the head with no problems?
    im assuming you can go as low as you want unless the head of the motor starts causing issues

7. Member
    I mounted mine a bit too close and it had some interference. Not sure if it was from the ducer on the bottom of the trolling motor or the motor itself. Moved it up no problems. I think I have mine almost exactly where Troy's is at.