Broken Spring Xi5 Pedal.

Just a heads up. The pedal for my Xi5 felt weird yesterday and upon further review I discovered the rear spring was broken in 2 places. Looked at the parts list and it's not listed. I sent an email to Motorguide about getting a new spring. I sure hope they take care of me and I don't need to buy a new pedal because a 2 dollar spring broke.
    Last edited by Urbanhick; 05-30-2016 at 10:58 AM.

2. Member
    I bet they will send replacements. If not check out McMaster Carr for a replacement instead of buying a pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I bet they will send replacements. If not check out McMaster Carr for a replacement instead of buying a pedal.
    I did check McMaster Carr and they don't have any the same size. I will continue to scour the internet looking just in case.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I bet they will send replacements.
    This!

The rubber gasket area on my remote was a little wonky(so probably not waterproof). I called Motorguide and they sent me a new remote that day...and let me keep the other one.

Thumbs up for MG customer service!

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftSS View Post
    This!

The rubber gasket area on my remote was a little wonky(so probably not waterproof). I called Motorguide and they sent me a new remote that day...and let me keep the other one.

Their CS is great. I had an issue with the original pedal and they sent a new one and also the GPS stopped working and they sent me a card to reflash the GPS module but the warranty is now up so we shall see.

6. Member
    They do have great CS hope it works out for you
    jerrysroadservice@gmail.com
    2017 Lund Pro V Bass 1875

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftSS View Post
    This!

I also had a small issue and they sent me a new remote. No questions asked.
    GREAT customer service !
    Let us know the outcome.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

They salvaged 2 springs out of a pedal they had at their call center and are sending me them. That is great but they really need to make them available as a replacement part as I'm sure I won't be the only one with this issue.

9. Member
    Glad to hear they did somthing for you Chuck
    jerrysroadservice@gmail.com
    2017 Lund Pro V Bass 1875

I had the exact thing happen to me. When I called customer service they "had never heard of this happening before". No springs were available. I JB Welded mine back together and it worked for a while. I ended up buying a new pedal and took my old one to a dealer to have it covered under warranty.

11. Member
    I haven't even used my foot pedal yet at at all, 100% remote. But I'm glad to hear motorguide has good customer service.
    Luck favors the prepared ; Louis pasteur

12. Member
    Hi guys, for anyone still chasing a quick solution to the Motorguide spring issue, check out my blog on this issue. Part number included for an inexpensive hardware store replacement.

https://www.reelscoundrels.com/post/...dal-spring-fix

13. Member

+1 on the local hardware store. Cheap and have spares in the boat.

15. Member
    G'day guys, I have updated my post to include a video of how to replace the springs.
    You can check out the post and video here or go directly to the video on YouTube

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reel_scoundrels View Post
    G'day guys, I have updated my post to include a video of how to replace the springs.
    You can check out the post and video here or go directly to the video on YouTube
    Tangrine Orange Key 16604126S1

17. Member
    Great info and video! I just bought a used Xi5 and getting used to the foot pedal.
    2008 Ranger Z520 DC 2016 Suzuki 250SS
    1997 Javelin 400TDC 1997 Johnson 200 Venom